Subject Author Posted Replies

Thanks Guys - For the Stud Finder Tip
Forgot to follow up sooner, but just mentioned the 200' or so of base, shoe and crown molding I put up, and that reminded me. Somebody here mentioned hard drive magnets. Stuck a piece of masking tape...
2
2

Change light in refrigerator
I bought replacement lamps for my refrigerator. Both bulbs are new and I tested them with a continuity tester to verify them. Neither bulb works in either socket. I also tested the center pin inside...
23
23

Ultimate Do-It-Yourselfers
These folks put together some very interesting homes: - Enjoy! http://www.odd50.com/oddhomes.php
2
2

Mold in your Home?
Molds all kinds of goodness and all kinds of badness By JeremyJohnson - Posted on August 25th, 2009 They are grown by the millions, but the wrong kind can kill you. They can threaten to destroy your...

Security Door - One Way Screws
I am about to install a security screen door which will be attached to the house with 8 included 4-inch color-matched one-way screws. Obviously, I need to get it right the first time. According to the...
19
19

Wasps in breaker box
As I have said in a couple of other threads I just completed a bathroom reno and I ran into a rather interesting problem..When I took off the faceplate to add a breaker for the bathroom I found live...
12
12

Pitting on alum window frames?
For a bunch of floor to ceiling windows, I have noticed extreme pitting all over their exterior aluminum frames, far deeper than the anodized layer. I think new window installation would cost a...
3
3

RoboPlow
I want one! SNOW PLOWING ROBOT SNOW PLOWING ROBOT SNOW PLOWING ROBOT SNOW PLOWING ROBOT SNOW PLOWING ROBOT

AC Filter and Air Quality Question By Jeffrey Dach
Air Quality Question By Jeffrey Dach The previous occupants of the apt unit apparently did not change the air conditioning filter after an extensive dry wall build out. We went ahead and replaced the...
5
5

Tankless Water Heater
I am new to this group. I am looking for information concerning maitenance on tankless water heaters. My daughter has one that needs flushing and the periodic maintmence performed. The local plumbers...
14
14

Home Depot: Ask 3 People, Get 3 Different Answers
What's a consumer to do? Their own research, obviously! I've got a few areas around the rim joist in my basement that could use some more insulation. I stopped by the contractor's desk at Home Depot...
25
25

GE front load washer thumping during spin cycle
My GE front load washer started thumping loudly after a did a large load in it. I stopped it and manual turned the basket with my hand slowly and can hear the basket hitting the drum at one specific...
6
6

How many HALO H7 hi-hats can I wire in series on 20A circuit
For my basement reno, I am wiring 16 (yes 16) HALO H7 hi-hats all on 1 switch, dedicated 20A circuit. I laid in all the hi-hats already and started to wire them up. I find it easy to just daisy chain...
16
16

Cracks where the bathroom wal joins the sidewall + crack inside the bathroom
We are fnding Cracks (really expanding this winter) inside the bathroom shower (not a tub but a standup shower with tiles) wall and a corresponding crack on the outside where the bathroom joins the...
3
3

Sprinkler valve question?
I just got around to looking into getting my sprinkler system working. I've located all five valves, exposed them all and tracked all the feeds. My problem is that only one valve will flow water to...
7
7