Subject Author Posted Replies

New source for Multimaster (and clone) blades
Got the most recent Highland Woodworking catalog, and spotted a new product: replacement blades for Multimaster and clones that don't cost an arm and a leg. They say: If you love your Fein Multimaster...

Will Rock Salt Hurt My Shower Base?
I will using rock salt to help control roots in my drain. I have two choices as to where to dissolve the rock salt: 1 - A fiberglass utility sink in the corner farthest away from where the drain exits...
17
17

Ideas to remove 50-year old 2-inch diamater galvanized "nipple" under kitchen sink
I need to remove an old pipe and need ideas as to how to remove it. The 50-year-old 2-inch diameter threaded galvanized pipe that horizontally protrudes about a half inch from the cabinet under the...
42
42

Quest du jour- seeking T1.25 wire base blue tinted bulbs.
Anybody know a source for T1 1/4 wire base bulbs (NOT LEDs) with blue tint? Trying to replace the lights on the HVAC controls for a 2005 Caravan. Dealer claims they are unserviceable, and wants to...
16
16

Epoxy Internal Coatings For Copper House Water Lines To Eliminate Pinhole Leaks: Opinions On ?
Hello, Have had a few pinhole leaks in house Copper water pipes. Certainly don't want to re-plumb the whole house ! Anyone have any experience with the epoxy lining treatment for these house water...
24
24

In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round light bulbs and selling them on the internet?
In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round light bulbs and selling them on the internet?
18
18

Gas Fired Hot Water Heater Safety Question
Hello, Regarding the typical home (vertical cylindrical type) gas fired hot water heater. Is it "legal," or a good idea, to shut off the water supply to these units when, e.g., going away on vacation...
7
7

Repairing A Good Size Hole In Ceiling ?
Hello, Lots of good advice on my previous Post regarding the damage from a pinhole leak in Copper water pipe in my ceiling. Much thanks to all. Tis is really a great Forum. Would probably be willing...
10
10

Need a replacement OTR microwave
I have a GE Spacemaker above the range microwave and it has been simply excellent for about 15 years! However, it has died and I need a replacement unit. It is a model JVM 250 WVC. The issue is the...
14
14

Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries (2023 Update)
I've recently come across some articles that mention you can make your own "non-toxic" rat/mouse posion by making a 50:50 mixture of regular/ corn flour and cement powder. They eat the mixture, then...
86
86

Copper Water Pipe Question ? And, Insur. Coverage ?
Hello, Would be most grateful for any opinions on this. Would like to get your opinions prior to calling Insur. Agent. Read my Homeowners policy, but truly hard to understand. I had a household water...
13
13

Redneck Log Splitter
Seems to work okay... Video
25
25

Wall plates
I'm looking for two different wall plates. I know I'm probably looking for something they don't make, knowing me. #1. Double gang - One standard duplex outlet and one GFCI #2. Triple gang - Two...
22
22

Basement bathrooms -- upflush/Saniflo systems
I am putting a full bath in a basement level apartment. The basement has a concrete floor, and center line of the horizontal 4-inch PVC sewer line that runs out to the street is about 8 inches above...
8
8

Short measure at propane tank exchange stations
While waiting for my wife outside a store yesterday, I passed the time by reading the information on the "Blue Rhino" propane tank exchange setup. No surprises until I got to the bottom and discovered...
46
46