120VAC Thermostat

I need to find a thermostat to control a 120VAC, 60 Watt (thus 1/2 Amp) resistive load. I want to turn on a heater when the temperature drops below about 35 degrees F.
Where should I look for a good, not to expensive, thermostat. Any brand/model suggestions?
Thanks!
Add pictures here
✖
Lowes, Home Depot, or other "big box" store. They have wall mounts, or kind that go on the heater itself. IIRC, the last time I got some, they were for 220 V, and broke both sides of the line, but obviously, you could use just one circuit. Also, try a good electrical supply house. I've found their quality better, and the prices not out-of- line, all things considered. Since you are doing the work, you can afford to spend more on parts has always been my opinion.
Add pictures here
✖
professorpaul wrote:

Unlikely any of those will have temp range below about 50F though, 40F at outside (which might be adequate but higher than OP asked for)...
Seems like last time this question arose there was at least one at Grainger.
Seems I've seen some in the farm supply online catalogs but don't have one handy here to look at at the moment; all our waterers have builtin rheostats so haven't looked for external thermostats...
Add pictures here
✖

Hi professor. We have used wall mounted 230 volt AC thermostats for the last 38+ years to control our baseboard heaters and found them very reliable. Typical maximum load per thermostat circuit is a maximum of around 5000 watts. Can't recall what the maximum 'resistive-non inductive' load rating is. I had always thought they were double pole i.e. switching both of the live 230 volt sides/legs! But a few years ago one poster mentioned that some so-called DP thermostats are actually single pole, in regard to temperature control and the contact in the 'other' side of the line is actually only used when the wall thermostat is turned to the 'Off' position. I haven't bothered to test ours for that but when one does turn them to the off position there does seem to be a small amount of spring or resistance that may be the 'off' contacts opening. Just thought I'd mention it, not as a criticism of any posting but find that one is always learning! Sounds as though, depending on the kilowatt load, that a regular home heat thermostat would be OK for the OP? Cheers.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 25, 8:14 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I bought one similar to this http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10052&storeId=10001&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=280387 for my greenhouse, I put leads on both the heat and cool sides, one to control a fan in the summer, one to control heat lamps in the winter
Add pictures here
✖

Come to think of it it was this one http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10052&storeId=10001&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=60389
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 06:55:02 -0700 (PDT), Eric in North TX

I am not surprised farm catalogs carry them. I saw some nice ones at the feed store
Add pictures here
✖

That is a tough order. What you need is a single pole line voltage heating thermostat. The problem is that most line voltage heating stats run from 50-80 degrees. You may have to go to a programmable, but I don't think that they go less than 40 degrees. Here is one such unit from Grainger: http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1UHG4
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/controls.shtml