120v 60Hz surround sound system in European-socket

Page 2 of 2
On 06/18/2014 04:56 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Aha! Since that seems to be the case he's blown his expensive sound system. It *might* have an internal fuse that blew.
On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:02:27 -0700 (PDT), jamesgang

other things, I have had to check and repair equipment that had high voltage applied to the line - and in most cases it just blew the internal fuse.

not a voltage adapter - just a plug adapter.
On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 03:44:01 +0000, John Galt

inches from where the power cord connects. It WILL be blown. Replace it. If it works then, good. If not, throw it away because it won't be worth futzing around with.
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:03:49 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Ahmen to that brother!
On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 04:49:26 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

You're right. I should have thought of a fuse.
They can be mounted in the back metal panel with some sort of black plastic cover (although I don't know if they do that anymore) or they can be inside the main cover.