Subject Author Posted Replies

Garage door opener Light
Old Sears 1/3 hp garage door opener works fine. Only trouble is the light went out and replacing the bubs did not work. Any ideas? -------------------------------------
10

brace / bracket without pre-drilled holes - truck bed rail flag project
anyone know where I can get a corner brace (1"W x 1"W x 5" L x .125" thick) and a T-brace or L-brace (1"W x 5"L x 5"L x .125" thick) or without pre-drilled holes? I've looked at Home Depot & Lowes....
5
5

Backstab Outlets
I know the feelings of the group when it comes to backstab outlets that use the little spring clip. What is the feeling about the more expensive back wire outlets that use the screw to apply pressure...
13
13

Weird electrical problem
A few weeks ago I plugged in my vacuum cleaner (a Hoover Elite, Chinese-made, and less than two years old) into an electrical outlet in my dining room. The vacuum cleaner tried to come to life for a...
31
31

Where to buy drapery transverse rod plastic eyes?
I have a transverse rod with some broken plastic eyes. Where can you buy those?
6
6

Safe Temp. For Gas Fired House Hot Water Heater ?
Hello, What is the "typical," Safe, temp. setting for the vertical style gas fired house hot water heater ? Wife is always complaining about not enough hot water, but am a bit concerned about making...
13
13

undercounter particle board drawer soaked, wont slide
Greetings, The kitchen sink overflowed due to a block and the water went along the counter and into a drawer that is under the counter. The drawer was full for about 30 minutes, got drained, but now...
7
7

Complicated Door Knob Replacement
I have an old house with glass door knobs. The bathroom knob no longer works properly. I bought a new replacement and when I removed the old knob, I noticed that the bore in the door is way too small...
15
15

New toilets
Original toilet in a 50 year old house has developed about a five inch horizontal hairline crack on the side which is leaking even though it is visible on the only on the outside, not inside. I'm...
13
13

Propane torch questions
I finally got around to trying my hand at sweating copper, and it went well (except the appearance, but it doesn't matter in this application...). But: My aged Berz-O-Matic wasn't working very well at...
18
18

Seeking advice on equipment for mounted tools
Hi folks, In mould work (plastic injection mould) I used pneumatic motor (hand held) to drive mounted wheels/cutter/miller/etc. for grinding/cutting/milling. At home I don't have such facility....
8
8

Home Depot online purchase debacle
Bought a dryer online this morning... without going into detail, I overcame every obstacle HD used to discourage it. Went through a dog & pony show of selecting a store by virtue of their inventories....
13
13

How to properly dispose of CFLs
Mail them to your congressman! (Perhaps with a note "You know what you can do with this!"?) The author goes on in a mini-rant, but his basic idea has merit. The incandescent light bulb ban is this...
59
59

Fire damage - smoke
I have a big fire issue, smoke damage in many units of an apt, O3 generators are known but out put a poison 03, what types of soaps help that you wash walls with, as I have heard some soaps clean but...
6
6

How much work to remove a dishwasher?
Mine went out over a year ago. Water doesn't come in. I couldn't/ can't afford a medium-to-good one; don't want to get a cheapo, so I'm just washing dishes by hand -- no biggie in a small household....
24
24