12 volt Terminal strip

5- 20watt Landscaping lights. The cheap transformer I have only has one low voltage connector. I have a 14 ga wire running to each light like spokes. And am looking for a way to connect all 5 to one transformer connector. Any ideas? Is there a terminal strip that I can terminate the five wires to and then connect it to the transformer? thanks
My first question would be; Can the transformer handle the load of the five lights? If so, then you can probably tie all the lights together by making your own distribution block. Or, you can buy them already made at Radio shack, looks like a block of plastic with screws in it.
Searcher
Shopdog wrote:

The transformer is 120 Watts.
How many watts are the lights? multiply their wattage times five. If it's big enough, just use wirenuts. #14 wire is likely excessive for these lights, but thicker is better than too thin.
On 12 Jun 2006 07:03:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com ( snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com) said...

The OP mentioned that the transformer is rated at 120 watts.
Assuming a resistive load, at 12 volts that is 10 amps. #16 wire would probably be fine, but #14 is not that excessive.
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"I really think Canada should get over to Iraq as quickly as possible"

Commonly called a barrier strip. http://images.google.com/images?q rrier+strip&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images
Jumpers can be used to connect as many terminals that are required. http://images.google.com/images?svnum &hl=en&lr=&qrrier+strip+jumper&btnG=Search
snipped-for-privacy@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

Hi, Good source might be car audio shop. They use terminal strips to install fancy car audio system.
snipped-for-privacy@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

Probably a good application for the multi position push wire connectors if you're using solid wire. You can find them in Home Depot and probably Lowe's near the crimp lugs, cable ties and wire nuts.
Pete C.
Check out the ground strips located near the electrical panels in an electrical supply house or HD, etc. These have screw to connect 14 or 12 gauge wires. I mounted 2 of these for +12 and ground on a board for a pipe organ power distribution block. Works real good. They come in various lengths.
snipped-for-privacy@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

Tie them together with a large wirenut and run one more from the nut to the terminal(s) on the transformer
Thanks for all the suggestions. I used the suggestion of a Grounding strip from home depot. I got one that had 14 positions. I cut it in half using half for the positive side and half for the negative side. One slot in each half was reserved to tie into the transformer.
I mounted both halves in a out door plastic electrical box with a plane cover. The wires from the lights and the transformer come out a hole in the bottom of the box that is normally used for plastic conduit. It all looks neat and professional. I have not hooked it to the transformer yet to see if it works? thanks tom