Subject Author Posted Replies

Rotten Floor's and abestos siding
We bought our house 2 years ago. It was built in the early 20's and had an addition added on in the 70's. When we bought it the inspector did not go under the addition that was added in the...
23
23

Powergenix battery question
Don't know about these. Some cells discharge but most do very little self discharging. Like my 48 year Johnson walkie-talkies. The nicads are original. Every couple years I charge, but one unit has...
1
1

Buzzing, Blowing Breaker
I have a circuit that keeps tripping the breaker. I can't find anything wrong in the circuit. There is only a series of lights and a light sensor to turn them on at night. One thing that seems to...
39
39

Mini tubing cutter cheaper at Pep Boys.
I needed a mini-tubing cutter, to cut off less than a half inch underneath the sink. Happened to go to Pep Boys after HD. Home Depot, 16 dollars. Pep Boys, 7 dollars. The Pep Boys one was hard to...
1
1

OT a warning, liquor evaporates
I'm not much of a drinker, and I noticed that even though I'd put the cap on tightly, the level had dropped in one bottle. And what was left didn't seem any stronger. Another bottle had never been...
5
5

Can anyone explain Arrow T-series staples and guns?
John Grabowski full-quoted: So why can T20 staples be loaded and used in a T25 gun? Why does the package printing on a T25 gun not make any mention of the existance of T20 staples?
7
7

C02 scare
On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:50:26 -0600, "Bob-tx" wrote Re Re: C02 scare: A complete list of things caused by global warming
23
23

HVAC question - Heat pump compressor
I have a 15 year old FHP geothermal heat pump, the compressor won't start. In heat mode there is a slight humming, and every 30 seconds or so louder buzzing noise for a few seconds. The compressor is...
8
8

Kenmore Electric Dryer Model 11066512694
Here’s my tale: the heating element comes on after Start button is pressed; all coils (5) come up to full heat and then after 4 or 5 seconds coils stop heating; the dryer continues to run. The power...
5
5

Granite in fireplace
Hi, The bottom of my fireplace (that houses a wood burning insert) was lined with very ugly tile which I decided to replace with a slab of granite (probably in two pieces). But removing the tile...
10
10

stuck shower head
The subject line says it all. I do not have a lot of upper body strength. I have tried: 1- channel lock wrench 2- grip lock wrench both wrenches at the same time in opposite directions 3- penetrating...
4
4

Extension cable loosing flexibility
Boy, do I need to get out in the yard and make some youtube videos. I have dealt with long lengths of many types of things, wire rope, hose, wiring, and other things. up to 9,000 feet long. When...
6
6

sunroom roof
i would like to beef up the insulation on our sunroom ceiling and i thought that a layer of rigid foam board with some half inch plywood and shingles on top off that would do the trick as well as...
5
5

Don’t put wire on your windows
In news: Oren spewed forth: on kinda the same note, I recieved this in an email You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door. Half-awake, nearly paralyzed with fear, you hear...
12
12

Roots
Our townhouse association has 30 year old ficus trees in each front yard. They have been trimmed/shaved annually, to maintain a shape like a wheel of cheese. They actually look quite nice, plus, they...
7
7