Subject Author Posted Replies

Shower Heads
As I type this post, I'm in a hotel room at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. The shower has dual heads - one from the side wall and one overhead. These things put out a LOT of water. My question is, how...
17
17

Can you solder a thrmal fuse in place?
Can you solder a thrmal fuse in place? Someone gave me a disassembled sandwhich maker (heater). The plastic/Bakelite? is broken where one of the four screws goes, but can probably be fixed fine with...
13
13

OT: Shut down the %#@*& government
I sent paperwork to Soc. Security to effect an important change in my status. Mailed on November 9, 2010. Waited a long time, decided to phone them (I'm an hour from the SS branch)...dialed the...
69
69

Lightging pros , reducing bulb wattages
Can I put a 50w Metal Halide bulb in a fixture sold for a 100 w metal Halide light. Can I put a smaller watt bulb in a 100 w Mercury vapor lamp , maybe a 50 or 75 watt.
2
2

anti-rust primer
is this stuff good? is hammerite better? http://www.krylon.com/products/rust_tough_primer/
6
6

OT Safety Deposit Box (at a bank)
Does anyone in the group have a safety deposit box at a local bank? Or had one in the past? I checked at a local bank here (Upstate N.Y.) if it matters. The one thing I don't like about it, is you...
91
91

tree service, water line breaks and water pressure ?
Problem 1. Faucet water runs red/brown (think red clay) about 10 minutes after=20 tree service drives their (big) crane truck across corner of yard to=20 the driveway. Q1: Coincidence or likely caused...
18
18

$2.16 success (2023 Update)
I don't know how people do it either, I do most of my own work also because I have more time than money. About the only thing I can remeber paying for in the last 5 years is the bug guy. Best money I...
22
22

Wash walls from bottom up or top down??
Wash walls from bottom up or top down?? For decades I've read that when washing walls, start at the bottom, and I've never understood it. Now I have to wash a wall, and I need someone to explain it to...
34
34

Fox article on projects a DIYer should never attempt
is on the list? Painting?! Sheesh. R
21
21

Tapcon anchors nonreinforced concrete slab
I have a tripod mounted on a concrete block and an old 6 in. X 6 in. by three ft; conctrete slab the previous owner left here. The tripod holds up an aluminum pipe with an anemometer and a universal...
4
4

Fridge temperatures, old thread wasn't clear enough.
My original posting appears to have been too general. Let me tighten the parameters. I have a 2008 model Kenmore refrigerator with top freezer. I have no experience with these newfangled...
5
5

Government grants for solar panels
Not. "[WASHINGTON, D.C.] Dozens of District residents who installed solar panels on their homes under a government grant program promoting renewable energy have been told they will not be reimbursed...
14
14

Fridge temperatures???
Fridge temperatures??? I have a 2008 model Kenmore refrigerator with top freezer. I have no experience with these newfangled high-deficiency R134a units. I noticed that my ice cream was softer than...
7
7

Low-flush = $14 million
"San Francisco's big push for low-flow toilets has turned into a multimillion-dollar plumbing stink. Skimping on toilet water has resulted in more sludge backing up inside the sewer pipes..." So the...
4
4