Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Sneaky Captain Cook
Captain Cook wanted his ship's crew to eat sauerkraut so he ordered it be served only at the Captain's Table. This article is actually about status. <> The battle to be virtuous inspires endless...
2
2

Warning thisis about homes, Solar hardware warranty
EC&M had an interesting article last month about solar hardware and warranties. Some are totally useless, even if the company still exists. This is mostly for electrical contractors but shit rolls...
14
14

Chemicals in Face Masks
I'm sure the are many articles on the subject... Try Google Scholar to search... Certain Face Masks Contain Toxic Chemicals, Inhalation of Which has the Potential to Affect the Upper Respiratory...
30
30

OT extra phone listing
Should I put an added entry for myself in etc. I know one advantage. There may be more and I don't know the disadvantages. I used to have a home phone listing without an address, but I've never had or...
19
19

shed on a cement pad
Is this true anywhere, or Baltimore? It's about a shed in the back yard: You can?t build a permanent structure- the cement pad makes it permanent. If it?s on cinder blocks - non permanent.
14
14

Median Priced California House. $800,000 ????
So says this article criticizing California Governor Newsom. <> A quick search showed California median house prices were $505,000 vs. Nebraska median house prices $155,800. This is from the Census...
33
33

John Deere LA115 steering
I replaced the steering mechanism on my John Deere. After putting everything back the way it was, my wheels point in different directions…meaning one is straight and the other is not. How do I fix...
2
2

Bake a cake in 2 minutes...
"Having had a rather disastrous result with the first attempt I decided to patch up the holes in the melted container and have another go with runnier batter." Having had a rather disastrous result...

Firefox Tips and Tools
I just came across this while browsing the Firefox Beta Twitter. <>Maybe it can help somebody. Our favorite Firefox tips, tricks and nerd-friendly features to help you get the most of your time online...

15 foot long yellow branch trimming pole
Got me a birthday give for my 70th from the wife of a tree trimming pole. It's like 15 feet long or so, yellow, with a yellow knotted rope. What I don't get is HOW to use it? One hand on the rope,...
10
10

OT. New Mexico Fuel Standards
The New Mexico governor wants average fuel mileage to be 52 mpg by 2025. <> This article is criticizing the governor for the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude. I can sure understand officials using...
25
25

OT Ida
Fingers & toes crossed for all in the path of Hurricane Ida. Too bad The Clown Loser isn't still around - with his sharpie - so he could change the path .. or nuke it ? Like Hurricane Florence - Ida...
1
1

They have their nerve
The most common restriction for older drivers is to require glasses or corrective contact lenses. In Maryland, other common requirements the MVA may impose on older drivers include: no freeway driving...
4
4

OT. Thirteen Beers
Bars are setting out 13 beers on reserved tables for the 13 soldiers not coming home. <> This is better than politicians and TV personalities running their mouths. After 13 American soldiers died...
2
2

Chair repair is very dangerous
My rocking chair arm rest was cracking. I sat in the chair and applied wood glue to the crack. Then I put a pipe clamp on the arm and tightened it. The pipe clamp is 2 feet long and it went across the...