Subject Author Posted Replies

putting tile in the bathroom, part II
carpet installers are here and ripping up old stuff. flooring is particle board thick enough to be very rigid can i put durorock membrane on this for tile?...
16
16

12 mil laminate
I'm trying to match thickness of laminate flooring. What part of laminate is 12 mil?
10
10

Electrical oddity
So this guy I know calls me Saturday morning... He was simply changing out a single light fixture in a bathroom. He shut off the switch on the wall and removed the light fixture. When the fixture was...
1
1

Stanley Garage door help
Hello, I have been trying to repair Stanley t300 garage door, just put in a new gear housing. Now what is happening is that when I push the button, motor turns for a few seconds then goes into reverse...
8
8

painting a window?
Hi All, I need to opaque out a windows. Since the outside of the house is white, I was thinking of painting the window white so it would not look weird from the street. My big issue is how to clean...
19
19

Low cost home security monitoring?
Anyone have experience using one of the lower cost security monitoring services that charge $10 to $15 a month for alarm monitoring, versus $35 from ADT? There are a bunch of them available that...
16
16

snipper for plywood
Is there some kind of snipper that will work to roughly cut 1/4" plywood? thanks Laura
34
34

Simplex Push button door locks can be defeated by a magnet
"Mr. Miller also argued in court that the magnet was unwieldy and too powerful for most people to use. "It's a big, heavy thing that if you have it in your pocket, and you happen to walk by something...

Repair or replace
Repair or replace. That question often comes up here. I had two examples in the past week. I have a Rubbermaid mailbox and post that wad damaged in the snowstorms. Replacement post, delivered $54 New...
26
26

Prepping a painted floor for fresh paint
Down in this basement I can see 2 layers of gray floor paint were it's peeled or scraped off the concrete floor over many years. Just a couple weeks ago the whole place flooded and was underwater for...
6
6

OT: Pi in the sky
You're not going to believe this: ========================================== Congresswoman Martha Roby (R-Ala.) is sponsoring HR 205, The Geometric Simplification Act, declaring the Euclidean...
31
31

Noalox experience
we hams are pretty familiar with noalox. we use it to ensure conductivity between elements of beam antennas. ive seenatennas that have been up in the weather for 30 years and the noalox was still in...
2
2

LEAK in wall? (Was: new valve stems - unequal water pressure)
More questions regarding my plumbing project of yesterday. I replaced two valve stems in a shower/tub and had to clean out material that was clogging what I assume are the valve seats due to low flow....
15
15

OT maneuvering with power
OT "Sion, giving you the power to maneuver today's congested cities" How much power does one need in congested cities! I thought power was for pulling a boat, a trailer, or going fast!
11
11

A Plumbing Question....
Is there a connector for a washing machine water outlet, that has two separate water outlets? One would supply water to the W/M, and the other could be used for an external water hose . A splitter, I...
10
10