Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Healthcare Cost
I agree with your point. Once you look past about the first 20 or 30 entries, it starts to look pretty weak. I pulled that list from September so that I could get a full month, but it looks pretty...
7
7

Canadian Housing up 22% Over Last Year
In on Sat, 04 Sep 2021 17:22:14 -0400, micky
4
4

forging vaccination cards
I think I said before that there probably was and if not there should be a law against faking vaccination cards. And apparently there is one at least in one state: looks like the card is real or a...
18
18

OT.. Folding the Deck Chair
Labor Day weekend is here with people going to the campgrounds, beaches, etc. for maybe the last time for the year. It's time to fold deck chairs for maybe the last time for 2021. <>

OT This gal agrrees with at least 3 of us
This is an uncomfortable conversation. The irresponsibly unvaccinated have made it a necessary one.
1
1

Something growing on our plants, Fungus maybe ...
Unknown Fungus or stuff growing on our plants ... Can anyone identify what this stuff is ? Is it a fungus or a plant ? Looks like it has an attachment (or stem) to the dirt in the pot ? Is that how it...
11
11

decking 5/4 PT
Sorry for the non-political topic .. ;-) We are completely replacing our back deck and expanding it a little from 12x20 to 16x22. Existing is 2 x 6 PT on 16 inch centers - our first plan & estimate...
8
8

Home warranty cost
Had a call from someone selling home warranties. He told me how it would save me money. I asked him how. He said if an appliance broke and had to be replaced, the premium for a year is $600 and the...
57
57

Rod, can this possiblbe true?
guess that is why they took your guns away first. ;-) How long can a democracy maintain emergency restrictions and still call itself a free country?
1
1

Masks -- Maggie was right
Maggie is afraid of inhaling chemicals from masks. I had an experience this morning that was horrifying. I was sitting in the bathroom, a usual daily thing, and the sunlight was bright through the...
9
9

Why is it that Hurricane Ida went two directions at once?
Why is it that Hurricane Ida went two directions at once? How is it that Hurricane Ida went both to Grand Isle and New Orleans etc. and up to NJ and NY at the same time? Every other hurricane I...
15
15

Price of Scrap Metal - I'm Rich!
Over the past couple of weeks I've been cleaning out the garage, the shed and other storage/stash places around my lot. I collected all the scrap metal that's been lying around. Stuff that the local...
1
1

How to adhere
to adhere
1
1

OT. Sneaky Captain Cook
Captain Cook wanted his ship's crew to eat sauerkraut so he ordered it be served only at the Captain's Table. This article is actually about status. <> The battle to be virtuous inspires endless...
2
2

Warning thisis about homes, Solar hardware warranty
EC&M had an interesting article last month about solar hardware and warranties. Some are totally useless, even if the company still exists. This is mostly for electrical contractors but shit rolls...
14
14