Subject Author Posted Replies

Portable Generator - Electrical Hazard Protection
My daughter is a horse person and is very successful in endurance racing. She uses an excellent 3-stall horse trailer that has some sleeping space to transport to races. She has a shower in one of the...
11
11

Crooked ATT Celular
I noticed since changing to ATT celular family plan my units were disapearing faster than I used them. My call pack is 500 units so I have to be carefull. I checked my online actual call times at ATT...
20
20

OT: Stiglitz on nukes.
Nobel economist Joseph Stiglitz, who -- with Paul Krugman -- is among the few voices of sanity in this corporate-owned brothel called the U.S. economy, has published a trenchant article on this...
8
8

Raised well pump cutoff from 45 to 50 PSI, pump dead in 24 hr.
Yesterday morning I was fixing a leak in a shower drain in a rental home. The tenants complained of low water pressure at the shower heads. A check of the well system determined that the cut-in...
6
6

Roof tile glue to repair recently cracked clay re-roof tiles (does it exist?)
I was up on my roof today and despite crawling and trying to be gingerly with my 250 pound frame, I cracked a few roof tiles. Actually, they're 're-roof' clay tiles, which, apparently, are thinner...
14
14

Is a 3-foot tall sheet steel chimney cap 'functional' or 'aesthetic' ?
The three-foot tall, four-feet long sheet steel fabricated around my chimney is falling apart so I took it down. All that is sticking up out of the chimney itself are the elaborate spark arrestors...
35
35

How to unshrink all-leather work gloves (deerskin, goatskin, no cowhide)?
I buy deerskin and goatskin leather gloves from the arc-welding shops to pull poison oak vines so I'm forced to wash the gloves after use. Even though I buy XL (the largest size they have in the...
42
42

new bathroom - tile question of staggered for floor, wall??
Hi I have just remodeled the main bathroom in my house... I am using marble for walls and floor.. The pattern for floor is staggered... For the wall, I was thinking of just going regular -meaning not...
15
15

Security System Question: Creating a Wireless Link to Old Panel
I have an old Ademco panel with dry closure contacts that is part of a hardwired system. I would like to be able to add a couple of wireless devices to this panel. What I am looking for is a wireless...
1
1

Fernco coupling okay for underground sewer pipe?
I am going to be replacing a small section of underground sewer pipe that runs from the front of my house toward the street. The existing underground sewer pipe is 4-inch cast iron. I will be using...
25
25

Bathroom fan vents to attic?
Was it ever acceptable by code to vent a bathroom fan to an attic? I was helping my cousin over the weekend with some minor renovations to her condo - she wanted to replace the fan in one of the...
15
15

Installing bathroom vent fan in condo with common vent (pics)
Doing a reno job in a condo, we gutted the bathroom that had a common duct riser for the condos above. I don't know if there is a fan on the roof or not. But Is there any reason I can't put in a vent...
6
6

Code question - conduit from weatherhead to meter
Hey folks, I'm upgrading my house (in Los Angeles) to 200A service and I am trying to find out some info on code requirements for the conduit run from the weatherhead to the meter main. The city...
15
15

Chamberlain Lift-Master Remote Control Problem
I searched previous posts on this topic and did not find an answer, so if I missed it, I appologize. We have a residential Chamberlain Lift-Master =BD H.P. (Part No. 41A5021- E, Date: 04/00) garage...
3
3

Cheap generator question (what if it rains?)
I have a 3500 watt Chinese generator. Seems ok, runs fine. It says not to run it during wet or rainy conditions. That's reasonable I guess, since I don't want electricty flying all over. But, if I...
18
18