Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Bring back the wooly mammoth
There is is all this mostly empty land north of the Arctic Circle (and something to do with carbon!) wo what better way is there to use it than to encourage herds of wooly mammoths to live there....
3
3

replace 2 20amp breakers to 1 30 am
I have an outside garage that has unfinished walls leading into the breaker panel and access to all the wires coming out of it. I need to have a 30amp service for my RV, which I don't. But I have 2x...
4
4

Local broafcast tv dead?
micky to Jul 1Details In on Wed, 30 Jun 2021 20:53:04 -0700 (PDT), WGUV wrote: But the page above says you have to have the Clearstream TV app, and doesn't it already need a smartphone to run on? Step...
3
3

new toilet installed, smells like chemicals
ever since I had a new toilet installed in my half bath off the kitchen it smells like strong chemicals and wafts out into the kitchen if I don't keep the door closed. Doesn't smell like sewage....
6
6

OT I am becoming an invisible man
I am becoming an invisible man. I got a full-body skin test and apparently was supposed to get a report, but I got nothing. I got an eye-exam, and I'm sure he said he would email me the results, but I...
25
25

NEVER FORGET
Today is 9/11 a day of remembrance and reflection for the 343 brothers I lost in WTC bombing.

Will a 17 hp briggs and stratton engine work in place of my blown up 15 hp are the bolt patterns the same and the shafts the same
They are both single cylinder engine
2
2

Damp box bottoms from (Ida) flood
I was happy a closet with boxes didn't seem to get water, but a week alter I find bottoms of boxes damp I will replace, but wondering.. fortinately no mildew (yet) But I remmeber boxes damamged by...
1
1

Cordless drill battery and charger - might have been dumb
In a thrift shop today I found a Craftsman 3/8 inch drill driver, 15.6 V for $10 so I bought it. I was thinking batteries are probably old, but there might be some life left, and how expensive can...
19
19

Home school
<> The pandemic helped establish homeschooling as a fixture among educational options in the US. But it’s been around—and gaining in popularity—for a while.

medical vs. non--medical surgical masks
This is for me almost an academic question, but for others it might be important. There appear to be two kinds of disease-prventing masks, that both look like "surgical masks", often blue on one side....
6
6

OT Why I like my area of Florida
Florida highway safety and motor vehicles (DMV) has contracted out the collection of the driver's license tax to the tax collector. I had to get my "real ID" (usually you just mail them a check and...
95
95

attic fan thermostat with dial
I want to install an Attic fan and I also want it on a thermostat, but all the thermostats that I see for attic fans don't have dials, just a screw-driver slot to adjust the temp. I do see some line...
20
20

Mesh servers
I was told to get three mesh servers, one for each floor of my house and then put google phone and android TV on the mesh servers. My problem has been is the definition of mesh servers seems more...
3
3

See what I found behind a door to my basement!
| put it up last evening with the assist of one! Kuthe, RN, https://i.postimg.cc/wT6LFTq7/Home-Improvement-9-7-2021.jpg
2
2