Subject Author Posted Replies

About metal in microwave ovens
We are not supposed to put metal in microwave ovens, and I know all too well what happens if someone does do it. It's a pretty wild show of sparks if metal is put inside. Anyhow, I'm puzzled about...
21
21

Rockwell 11-280 Radial Drill Press
I need the plastic belt protector for this drill press. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Dick
1
1

Question About A Digital Thermostat
Someone gave me a unused White-Rodgers digital non-programmable heat pump thermostat - 70 series model number 1F79-111. I put some batteries in this thing to today just to check out the LCD screen,...
20
20

Pool table recover
Anyone done it? I've moved my 3 pc. 8' table, and it was no big deal. I have watched several videos of recovering, and I think I could handle it. Any caveats? I guess the worst thing is pulling all...
15
15

No-alci fuel for small engines
From Popular Mechanics: "Small-engine repairmen tell PM that ethanol mixed with gasoline is corroding and damaging chain saws, string trimmers and other outdoor equipment at an alarming clip. As a...
32
32

removal of vinyl flooring to put down ceramic tiles
I'm am remodeling my 30+ year old kitchen and am having an issue with the removal of the flooring. It originally had a sheet of vinyl flooring, in which someone added on top a layer of 1 ft square...
13
13

Remote Control of DirecTV Tivo Receiver
Howdy! I have an older DirecTV Tivo unit (IR controlled) that I would like to control (probably via RF) from my bedroom, about 60 feet away from the receiver, through one lath-and-plaster wall and one...
1
1

Water Heater Won't Stay Lit
My water heater burner won't stay lit. Here's what I know: 1. If I light the pilot, it can stay on indefinitely. So I think the thermocouple is actually functioning. 2. If I then turn on the burner,...
18
18

Where to get LED Pole Light Bulb/Fixture
I have one of the typical 175W Mercury Vapor light fixtures in my farm that looks like this: appears that the bulbs are being banned. They sell a replacement Compact Florescent bulb, but it appears...
28
28

LIke Jeff, AC awaits me!
Like Jeff Thies, I too hope to put in AC this summer, but unlike him, I plan to let a more experienced guy finish the job. (Especially since anyone is more experienced with freon, unlike Jeff.) This...
8
8

New construction questions
Two questions for a house I was looking at with my sister (new construction): 1) poured basement foundation walls have eyebolt style brackets that are sticking out of the walls all over the place. 2/3...
15
15

Got Ants?
I been fighting sweet ants, those little ones, in my kitchen for years, trying spraying and Tat and Ortho and baits with no luck, this year they are real, real bad getting everywhere as when they lay...
38
38

Drafting tool question
I need one of those pen contraptions that you roll over blueprints and aerial photos that then give a numerical value to the distance traveled. What are they called, and what's a good supplier of...
9
9

Rebuilding Front Stoop With Pavers
I would like to go from this: something like this: upper slab is in great shape, but the smaller slab on the step is cracked and the 1950's brick facing in deteriorating. The steps from the walkway...
4
4

Fkex Seal Liquid Rubber spray ???
Has anyone tried this product? I happened to see a commercial on the TV this morning. It looks promising if it does what they say. commercial video is by the two cans near the bottom. This is not...
7
7