Subject Author Posted Replies

Rohl faucet bathroom-----question.. have deep sink bathroom--push up dain doesnt open enough..
Hi, I've got a Rohl bathroom drain- have a vanity, with deep sink.. when I use the push up drain it opens but appears to be too short... question.. I will be getting a longer arm,,, is this difficuult...
3
3

O.T. Solar power.
Will the company still be in business next year. Are hail storms warranted against? Since they can't power the house without the grid, the grid will be there in the interim. If its not, you're SOL...
34
34

OT After a storm here in GA a stray pup has made my home hers
Anyone know what kind of dog this might be? She just started hanging out at the house. She was at the house one morning. I left for a dental appointment and when I returned she was still here. She...
18
18

Fibre Tool Box
I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material? The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can...
10
10

Air conditioner problem
It is me with problem with the upstairs heat pump again. When the compressor comes on, the fan on the compressor starts. Usually within a few seconds, the fan motor shuts off but the compressor keeps...
30
30

Swimming Pool Polaris
My swimming pool polaris has stopped moving. The pump appears to be working but the polaris is not working. The hole where we connect the polaris is not getting any water flowing through it. The pump...
6
6

Garden hose or occasional use -- buy quality?
If you need it to last forever, really run up the credit card debt and buy Sears Craftsman Rubber Hose. They will replace it forever, just like the tools
20
20

CFLs cause cancer (Really)
"...a group of scientists warned that [CFLs] contain cancer causing chemicals. Their report advises that the bulbs should not be left on for extended periods, particularly near someone?s head, as they...
23
23

Wiring second kitchen
My wife has ventured into cake baking and we are building a second kitchen in a unfinished part of the basement. I did the framing but I draw the line at electrical work so I will be getting this done...
41
41

CFL Ballast Pic
Osram did a study of energy consumption breakdown of incandescent, CFL and LED lamps. (Actually, only 1 of each, roughly equal in light output.) In all 3, near or over 98% of entire life cycle energy...
4
4

Field report on electrical push connectors
Brought home first boxes of 2, 4 and 6 Wago push connectors. The name is a bit cutesy, they call them Wall Nuts, letting us know that they replace wire nuts, I suppose. First use was a quad outlet...
18
18

install a 2-lamp fixture in place of a 1-lamp fixture?
hi i am a homeowner shopping for light fixtures that i will have installed. i have not yet decided on the installer. i have 3 ceiling light fixtures that i dislike. they are all the same and are in...
12
12

Feds to require compact florescent ice-makers
Or somesuch... "In its latest effort to save the planet from global warming, the U.S. government is on the verge of regulating ice makers commonly found in many refrigerators because they increase...

Blown engine
Why do so many Craftsman lawn tractors have blown engines? There always one for sale, "Nice machine but engine is blown".
15
15

Interior Painting / Drywall Texture Questions
My girlfriend and I are considering painting some rooms in my house, but we want it to look professional. Here are some of the problems we have: There are various different textures, repairs, patches...
12
12