Subject Author Posted Replies

Two Input Power Strip? (for transfer switch between two A/C sources)
Is there a simple power strip that has two male plug-in cords instead of one, with a switch controlling which cord connects to the female outlets on the strip? It's needed for quickly switching some...
15
15

metal electric outlet box cover
I am remodeling my kitchen and am planning on putting in a in-floor heating mat with a programmable thermostat. The instructions for the mat said to install a 4" square outlet box and run condit down...
4
4

Need Help Re Pipe Connection
I have plastic water piping. I have an outside freeze-proof faucet connected to this piping that I want to replace. Wouldn't you know that the male end of the metal faucet threads into the female...
13
13

OT With three wives, why was his place so messy?
OT With three wives, why was his place so messy? It looked like a college dorm. Not just in the video the SEALS took but in his own vide. The power strip was on the floor in *front* of the little tv....
44
44

Wood preservative for in-ground & near in-ground use
The local borg used to sell a jug of green copper-based fence post preservative that smelled nasty but seemed to do a good job of preventing rot on fence posts. I went to HD tonight and in my area...
19
19

Cause of blue stain in toilet? Iodine?
I haven't cleaned my toilet bowl in about 2 months and I'm seeing this blue trail of a stain running out from the large jet in bottom of the bowl. I've never seen it before (and I've gone a lot longer...
18
18

cheap painless repair for faux wood garage door panel?
Apologies in advance for putting a home repair question in this political round table. :^/ Now that I am driving to and from work in daylight again, I noticed a problem on the bottom panel of my...
10
10

Frigidare goes bump in the night
I have a basic Frigidare refrigerator (freezer on top) that is about 22 years old. For the last 6 months or so, it has been making a banging sound at the end of each cycle. I pulled it away from the...
6
6

Leveling Main Level
I am about to begin reflooring the main level in the house. One thing I know I'll have issues with is the fact that the floor is not level. I could see/feel dips and rises through the carpet, so I...
9
9

Popcorn in a microwave oven!
Well, maybe the Subject line got your attention. I just wanted to vent a little and warn others of this potential problem. My 2 year old Whirlpool microwave oven started producing a burning plastic...
32
32

What that glue?
What's that popular rubber-like glue used to stick come-on credit cards to mailers and other labels without destroying the paper when separated? You know, the stuff that comes unstuck fairly easily...
8
8

OT Very short suspenders
I need a couple of single straps that work like suspenders but they only need to be about 5 inches long. I don't need them joined like suspenders, just two singles. Anyone know where to get a pair? --...
5
5

kitchen floor tile question
a friend of mine just had a new kitchen installed. The contractor who did the tile work installed new tile for the floor. The job was finished, but my friend noticed the contractor, for some odd...
9
9

LG washing machine repair
------------------------------------- We have a 3 year old LG washing machine not used much by two older adults that has broken frequently. we have a friend with the same problems. The LG repair...
11
11

cutting 6 x 6 beams with miter saw ???
Will a 12 inch, non-reciprocating miter saw cut 6 x 6 beams in one pass ??? I know it would be close, but I would like to hear from someone who has done it. Again, can it cut in one pass, so as to get...
57
57