Subject Author Posted Replies

Straightening ceiling fan blades
We put some fans out on our patio. Over a few years, the blades have drooped. These blades appear to be some type of luan, about 3/16" wide. They appear to be either composite plastic, or some form of...
29
29

Air Conditioning - The Basics
Air conditioning is expensive to add to homes that do not have ducts. Air conditioning equipment usually reduces the humidity of the air processed by the system. The relatively cold (below the dew...
1
1

a 30" door is not a 30" door apparently
Friend of mine asked if he could borrow my router, because he needed to replace a door in his house. House is recent construction, doors are hollow core "six panel" doors apparently made of pressed...
8
8

Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level
These questions are for PV installers (if there are any here). I just signed up for HART 1071 Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level42.0 Hour. Here's, sort of, a course description: text: course is 42...
19
19

Environmental Hazards of Batteries
may produce the following potential problems or hazards: Pollute the lakes and streams as the metals vaporize into the air when burned. Contribute to heavy metals that potentially may leach from solid...
4
4

Building rock fenceposts - concrete vs mortar?
Hi all My newest project idea is to build a "fence" composed of small rock posts with single rails laying between them. It's an ornamental fence, not really designed to do anything except define the...
5
5

Gluing Wood
I have to glue a cracked wooden door on a bathroom cabinet. The wood is very dry. Is it a good idea to slightly dampen the wood with water before applying carpenter's wood glue (not Gorilla Snot.)...
5
5

Toggle switches
For aesthetic purposes I wanted to use toggle switches as those commonly used on electronic equipment for use as light switches in a room. Plan is to make my own cover plates from brushed aluminum....
24
24

Price of Shingle removal, two layers vs three
Unless you multi-posted your question to (which would be bad because multi-posting is bad) I'm going to cross-post this to because the group you posted this to ( gets very little traffic. pWas it your...
38
38

Putting in single light switch into 2 gang gem box
Doing some electrical work in my brother-in-law's condo. Because of a wall that was taken down, I have to make a splice box to rejoin some circuits. One of which was a light switch for the will be in...
17
17

just remodeled bathroom- put in new sink, shower, tub.. but sink takes longer to get hot water, why?
Hi, just had a bathroom remodeled.. Prior to this, the old sink would get real hot fast. few secs.. Now it takes approximately 35 secs to get hot... I checked the shower and tub they got hot real...
13
13

She wants me to bring over a Breast Pump
I just got a text message from a woman I met in the bar last night. She said she is really drunk and now her breasts are leaking. She wants me to come to her apartment as soon as I can, and bring a...
2
2

Multi-Pure Filter Change - Spitting Air Now.
I changed the filter in our Multi-Pure undercounter water filter about six hours ago and am somewhat suprised to see that when I dispense water from it it's still farting air every five seconds or so....
4
4

I'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH MY RIDE-ON LAWMMOWER
x-no-archive: yes It'll still do wheelies, but it won't do smoke-shows. What's wrong with it?
5
5

Eliminating a Window
I have a window in my kitchen that connects to a semi-enclosed porch....the porch used to be a car port. I can see nothing out the window except the side of my garage. I now want to put cabinets on...
7
7