Subject Author Posted Replies

Freezer runs too cold
GE chest freezer, 6 years old, something like 19 cubic feet, model FCM7DRBWH. The temperature runs to -15 to -10 degrees F when I have it on the warmest setting, which is to say it is colder than what...
27
27

OT: Saving two cents
One place you have to be very careful about quantity purchases is Wal Mart. Some of their jumbo sizes of everything from paper towels to a lot of food its is more expensive as package size gets...
47
47

Temperature
I don't get it. When I'm running the oil boiler I am comfortable between 75 and 76 degrees. When I'm burning the wood boiler I'm comfortable between 79 and 80 degrees. Same thermometer, same room.
12
12

Painting bathroom with Benjamin Moore- question of VOCs vs Regular
I will be painting a remodeld bathroom. I will be using Benjamin Moore Pain... My question is this: I will be using eggshell, but dont know whether to use Benjamin Moore Regal Eggshell or Benjamin...
2
2

a case for safety
How did we ever survive when power tools didn't come in HDPE clamshell cases? I remember when power tools mostly came in just a cardboard box, if that. It must have been incredibly dangerous. I deduce...
34
34

Grass growing on the mound septic?
Are there any reasons besides looks, to mow the grass growing on a mound septic system? 2.5 acres and it's all grass and I would just like to let some of it grow wild, maybe throw out a few thousand...
15
15

May 21, no more home repairing
If the Rapture comes on the 21st, I'll eat my hat. -C-
37
37

Connecting water heater to galvanized pipe with flex copper connectors
Do flex copper connectors act as dielectric connectors when used between the galvanized nipples on the WH and galvanized house pipes? Thx, Jack
6
6

Concrete Pad versus Paving Blocks
Just polling the group on the better method to make a little patio, about 8 feet by 8 feet square. We have a table and chairs under a large tree in the back yard. They're just set on the lawn so...
20
20

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Died
Harbor Breeze (Lowe?s ceiling Fan) lost fan function & then few weeks later lost light function. I had to go to Home Depot and buy a wireless hand held remote & receiver for a Hampton Bay ceiling fan...
4
4

Leveling Floor Part 2
Ok, I've removed my old floors, and used a laser level to get some pretty accurate measurements of the floor height. It seems that I have a single pair of joists which bow upwards. Thus, they are 1/2"...
4
4

Straightening ceiling fan blades
We put some fans out on our patio. Over a few years, the blades have drooped. These blades appear to be some type of luan, about 3/16" wide. They appear to be either composite plastic, or some form of...
29
29

Air Conditioning - The Basics
Air conditioning is expensive to add to homes that do not have ducts. Air conditioning equipment usually reduces the humidity of the air processed by the system. The relatively cold (below the dew...
1
1

a 30" door is not a 30" door apparently
Friend of mine asked if he could borrow my router, because he needed to replace a door in his house. House is recent construction, doors are hollow core "six panel" doors apparently made of pressed...
8
8

Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level
These questions are for PV installers (if there are any here). I just signed up for HART 1071 Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level42.0 Hour. Here's, sort of, a course description: text: course is 42...
19
19