Subject Author Posted Replies

looking for HIGH QUALITY frost proof faucet
I need a couple of high quality frost proof faucets to replace the ~30 year old ones here. The one in the front has always leaked, and the one in the back seems to be plugged with some sort of plastic...

question about hail
Hi, I had some hail recently, which dented the ridge cap on the roof and removed some gravel from the shingles. I do not have any leaks. I looked in the attic and saw one spot where the 1x6's had been...
29
29

Storing an old carburator
I just ordered a new carburator for my Honda lawn mower engine. Since placing the order, I tried some Mechanic In A Bottle and it improved the performance of my mower significantly. It's not 100%, but...
25
25

Arcing conduit-to-HVAC – no shock when touched – what cause?
Ah, but for whatever reason *this* OP's old house with the old cloth covered wires has experienced something which is indicating that it is getting close to the time to remove ALL of the old wiring...
12
12

fan motor in AC won't shut off
------------------------------------- Just want to say... ****** ***** *************** * ** * ** * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ****** * ****** * *************** * ****** * ****** *...
1
1

do they make 5/8" extension ring for an outlet box?
I want to laminate 5/8" sheetrock over the existing plaster wall where there are a few metal boxes. Obviously now the outlets will be recessed in the walls after the work is done. Do they make a 5/8"...
7
7

Naive consumer
I guess everybody else knew not to do this, but I learned the hard way. Needed a new answering machine (actually didn't; just wanted one with more room for incoming message). Looked on-line; found...
13
13

Kohler motor on Husqvarna mower
Sears has a sale on a Husqvarna mower with Kohler OHV motor. ?sid=I0084400010000100383&aff=YAnybody had experience with Kohler motors? Comparison of Kohler with (dreaded) Briggs/Stratton?? Thx, P "Law...
10
10

OT karate chop?
Actually, it was before anyone in the US talked about karate, in the 50's or 60's when one would often see someone knock another unconscious by hitting him at the base of the skull, neck, somewhere....
20
20

peg board hooks
Every time I remove a tool from the peg board the hook comes with it. I tried the little black plastic thing that hooks in adjacent holes but that didn`t work very good and besides they only come in...
7
7

Crib Question
Hi, Perhaps a bit off topic, but I figured you folks would know. Are cribs with the drop-sides considered legal these days ? Any thoughts on, regardingsafety, etc. ? Thanks, Bob
7
7

Clearing a jammed cable stapler
I've got a 4 conductor cable stapler that uses curved top staples (CT-10) that's jammed. I can't load new staples (the spring slide won't go in far enough to lock) and the ones apparently jammed in...
2
2

shower drain obstruction
Howdy fellas, Looking for some DWV tips: am so ready for this workweek to be finished. Cheers from the land of enchantment,
12
12

Portable air conditioner performance
How do portable AC units compare to their counterpart window units in performance and efficiency?
22
22

Cordless Mulching Mower woes (Black and Decker CMM 875)
I have a B&D cordless mulching mower that suddenly stopped running. I've switched out the battery, but no joy. The motor turns freely, so does the blade. The unit quit in tall, wet grass so I am...
23
23