Subject Author Posted Replies

What they're not telling us
They're not telling us that the reason we are having all these tornados and other severe storms around the world not because of changes in the climate, but rather the cause is from the three nuclear...
12
12

Wiring A/C condensate drain pump
Have a Little Giant VCMA-15 condensate drain pump with a pan overflow switch. The pump has two low voltage connections coming from it which have been wired together for the 13 years that the...
19
19

Lawnmower HP Litigation
Reference the class action lawsuit against lawnmower manufacturers for not calculating the HP claims properly, the case is apparently settled. I received my settlement check today. Suit claims for...
8
8

Central A/C not working properly - hardly any air blowing out
Hello, The central A/C and heat in my house aren't working properly and I need to figure out why. All the equipment (or whatever you want to call it) is about 24 years old. The problem started about a...
19
19

Need DIY Repair Guy
We're looking for a DIY repair guy to rebuild all the homes and other buildings in Joplin, Missouri. It must be rebuilt exactly as it was before the tornado, and must be completed in one week. We're...
9
9

Walls
My husband sanded our hallway walls because the previous owners had wall paper trim at the top of the walls at the ceiling. He then painted the walls with Kiltz and then a top coat of white paint....
1
1

Is any of this false? Is any of this true?
Is any of this false? Is any of this true? "Most disposals of are of a builders-grade quality, and the blades rust off within two to four years. Dull or rusted blades mean that your disposal may sound...
32
32

Where were you?
We're doing some research on this matter. Where were you when the world ended on Saturday, May 21, 2011? Please give approximate location, and provide details what you saw as the world was anhilated....
5
5

Stock french door
Hi, Looking for an interior door and could spend up to $400/door. My requirements are as follows and please not that all but the last one are satisfied by the $120 Jeld-Wen door you can find at HD....
3
3

bricks or stucco
Hi, my house front wall is made from faux brick (not real bricks). They are falling off now and I have to fix them. Today a guy who does brick work told me that there is a problem that the depth is...
4
4

Leaking Shower Door
Hello, Any thoughts on how to detect exactly where a leak is occurring in a shower when it is not obvious and how to possibly fix it? The old shower door I had did not leak unless it was not shut...
6
6

Clean up OC foam on hardwood
I've got a couple small areas of hardwood floor that caught some fine overspray of open cell foam that was being applied to a vertical duct. What i'm wanting to know is there a product (acetone,...
2
2

Small dimmer for ceiling light
I live in a 60s house with a problem. Normal dimmers will not fit the switch boxes as they are too large or the the electrical box is too small. Any idea where I might find a super slim dimmer switch....
18
18

looking for HIGH QUALITY frost proof faucet
I need a couple of high quality frost proof faucets to replace the ~30 year old ones here. The one in the front has always leaked, and the one in the back seems to be plugged with some sort of plastic...

question about hail
Hi, I had some hail recently, which dented the ridge cap on the roof and removed some gravel from the shingles. I do not have any leaks. I looked in the attic and saw one spot where the 1x6's had been...
29
29