Subject Author Posted Replies

Concrete tamper
I bought a two handed concrete tamper at a yard sale yesterday, probably spending too much for it ............ $10. But I needed one. On the bottom screen, it's reasonably clean, but has some residual...
11
11

What is journaling, if anything???
I posted to an English ng, but their answer was writing in a journal. Now I think I'm thinking about some machining process, journaling??? Related to bearings??? What am I thinking of?
11
11

Molding
How do I attach 1/4-round oak molding to drywall panels? What kind of nails do I need and how long should they be? Do I pre-drill holes in the molding? (I don't own a nail-gun).
11
11

Help with setting psi for pressure tank
I have been in my house for about 7 months now. We have been having a steady flow of problems over the past 3 months. The system runs as followed: Well with submersible well head pump with a pressure...
3
3

Basement too cold. Insulating ductwork?
I'm getting ready to install a drop ceiling down in my walkout basement. I should say this will really only be the half of the basement that has finished walls and is set up to be my Home Theater...
19
19

Hard Wired Dishwasher Help
We recently moved into our first home, which had a dishwasher still hooked up. We tried it out and unfortunately the dishwasher did not work; I knew that it was receiving power, however, because I...
17
17

Siphon a truck tank?
My 89 F150 will no longer draw gas from the main tank. Not a biggee as the truck is my beat to crap 'wooding' rig and hasn't been more than 30 miles fromthe house in over 20 years. I want to recover...
21
21

repairing Electrolux Hi-Tech 2100 vacuum cleaner power switch assembly
The power switch of my Electrolux Hi-Tech 2100 vacuum cleaner had been kind of sticky for a long time. It didn't have a smooth positive action. Somebody else was using the vacuum and was less than...
3
3

Oscillating tools - loud and not that great?
Maybe it's the tool I bought, but whenever I use my new oscillating tool I'm just not impressed with it. Cutting wood takes too long. Cutting metal (cuting nails) takes much too long versus a Dremel....
18
18

pilot holes?
Watching 'This Old House', they are forever driving various wood screws without drilling pilot holes. Recently, they did this with some decent-sized lag screws, to pull a couple of 2x8's together. How...
31
31

Tarp tape?
I've never used any, but I've got a couple big tarps that I want to cut down and I was looking for some way to re-do the edges so I could grommet them and have the grommets stay. Tarp tape *looks*...
7
7

Can this GE microwave have an outlet above in the cabinet.
I posted a question a few weeks ago about electrical requirements for a microwave. This question deals more with where to mount the outlet. I wanted to get a GE Spacemaker II microwave like this:...
8
8

Anyone try the Weedeater ONE mower?
I'm looking for one step up from a self-propelled and I saw this unit. Has anyone ever actually tried/used one? If so - please share your experiences? Thanks

Adding a T to an existing sprinkler line
I need to add a T to an existing PVC sprinkler line. It's already buried so it's not flexible enough to put one end on and then slide the other end on the T. Can I use a Slip-T for this?
5
5

Perforated Corrugated Drainage Pipe
Lowe's sells these pipes in 10' and 100' lengths. I need 14' to attach to a downspout. The Internet advertises expandable pipes, e.g., 3' can expand to 12' and a 6' product can expand to 25'. How do...
2
2