Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Your opinion? Giving someone a ride.
OT Your opinion? On a 3-day weekend a while back I went to a singles event at a beach front hotel On Saturday a woman at least 30 y.o. had heard that I lived in the same city she did, and asked me for...
127
127

Power Grid Freq Variations To Be Allowed
I smell issues arising with this...
70
70

Only 111 volts on one circuit, 118 on all others?
Yesterday my TV went out, and my guess is the power board based on the error code. I measured 111.2 volts on this circuit. All others in my house seem to be 118 volts. Sometimes I plug an appliance...
14
14

sunken dry wall query
it was something we didn't notice unfortunately. recently we had a granite counter top installed in the kitchen. In the process, we noticed that at one section of the counter top, there was a large...
11
11

Portable AC self evaporative feature problems
Air conditioner is a 7 year old Sunpentown WA-1210E. The tank fills (and turns itself off as it should) in only 4 hours. I can only drain out half of its 3 pint capacity. It cools fine however. It's...
7
7

Getting cash at ATM
Dunno if this is considered OT. Let's say you're getting money to pay for home repair Here is a heads-up from David Horowitz, in the new Costco magazine. "When sliding your card into the ATM, wiggle...
13
13

Antique AC table fan not turning in the right direction
I have an antique table fan. When power is swtiched on the motor produces a humming sound. The propeller does not turn even after giving a spin in the clockwise direction. A great force is holding on...
22
22

Inside corner wall crack repair
We had some foundation repairs done recently and our house foundation is so= lid for the time being. A long crack formed down the corner of an inside wall when the foundation s= hifted. It's closed...
4
4

wood floors
We had a party for our daughter yesterday. The high heels of one her friends did serious damage to our 3-week-old engineered wood floors. Is this normal? Seems like high heels should be taken into...
31
31

Wheel Barrow handle splinters
One word: duct tape
14
14

Side door again
Oops - forgot the link. I had a closer-up, but can't find it. However, you can see how the lower portion is chewed away. http://tinypic.com/r/j09t3l/7

Side door is back again
A while back I posted pictures of my side door, the lower part of which had been ruined by my directing water spray at the adjoining plantings. Here is the link to an updated pic, showing gunk that I...
7
7

Is it normal for water/fluid to be coming from the outside central AC unit
My central air has a drain line that drains into a drain in the basement. The water/fluid is not coming from that drain. Besides that, the outside unit has water around the base. I just noticed it at...
5
5

A/C compressor stopped running
Have a Trane central system installed in 88. Model T V030 A140A0 About a year ago the compressor stopped compressing. I replaced the old compressor capacitor and it ran fine until at some point today....
17
17

Schrader valve
What is the thread pitch and size of a Schrader valve stem on an bicycle's inner tube? Also, the small metal pin in the middle of the valve is bent so it's difficult to inflate the inner tube. This...
9
9