Subject Author Posted Replies

Painting vinyl? ? ?
The base of the downspouts on our building are some kind of vinyl or hard plastic -- I think it has a name of initials, like PCP or some such. They are white, and I'd like to paint them brown to match...
4
4

OT - Small Cable Reel Uses
I have two small plastic and cardboard cable reels, 12" od, 4" id, 10" tall. The center 4" tube is made of heavy cardboard, the outer- ends are made of plastic. Two long bolts hold the two ends to the...
1
1

The city responds
Six weeks ago I got a letter from the city informing me of a new "drainage fee" and assessing me $190/year for the "impermeable" surface on my property. Their thinking went, presumably, that this...
21
21

OT Eye Glasses
I had my eyes checked twice. Both times, since I don't have any eye insurance, the doctor said to just use reading glasses. The second I insisted on bifocals. I got the prescription filled at Sears...
37
37

How to repair this concrete step
want to patch this step so the patch doesn't come off so easily.What do I have to use,cement and some type of chemical? Thanks Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo...
10
10

Filling In A Few Old Screw Holes In Wood Siding: What To Use ?
Hi, Have a few screw 1/4" dia. approx. screw holes (screws long gone) in my wood siding. What's a good product to fill them up with? I remember small tubes of "Plastic Wood" Would this be the stuff to...
4
4

Driveway Paving Questions
Hello, Live outside of Boston. Have just started trying to learn about driveway re-paving, as my driveway is ready for a new re-do as it's pretty bad by now. Know nothing about the various options,...
5
5

New electric cable in the wrong place?
New electric cable in the wrong place? Townhouse n'hood build in 1978. The electric company painted those chalk lines on our yards, but then only dug in the center island on the other side of a...
7
7

Question About Incandescent Bulbs
Does this "ban" include ALL incandescent bulbs? Do I need to stock up on bulbs for my chandelier, and my bathroom light fixtures that aren't designed for fluorescent bulbs?
13
13

Cleaning dirty hands
I broke my best fingernai/fingerprintl/wrinkle brush, and the other one has bristles on both sides, one side stiffer than the other. After a while, it's not comfortable to rake the stiff bristles over...
6
6

Suggestion for a good pool glue (plastic on plastic, always under water)
I have a small 1-inch long, half-inch wide white plastic 'tab' that fell off which holds a cover down. It's all under water (a few thousand gallons would have to be removed to expose it to air). It's...
14
14

How to pool chlorinators work?
I have a pool, and use an ancient Guardex "open" chlorinator that takes 1-inch trichlor tablets. But I can't get parts for it anymore, and every now and then the check valves get crud in them, and...
10
10

Outdoor porch ceiling material
My wife wound up with a house that her ex-stepfather built (he acted as general). He knew squat about most everything so we now need to install a ceiling on two outside porches as a precursor to...
11
11

Setting up a Generator
Our cabin recently was subjected to multiple days of no electricity during to a bad storm taking out trees and power lines I would like to set up a generator to run the following 1) well water pump...
27
27

OT - 6 Door Extended Cab
What? No brush guards? Rifle rack above the rear window? Probably from Dallas... Joe
15
15