Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Millionaires ask for higher taxes
video on the website has various people saying why they signed: “ Because my country — our country — means more than my money. ” Charlie Fink, former AOL executive Become a Patriotic...
87
87

Warped wood
I have a sailboat wooden dagger board that is warped (curved side to side) on the end. Is there any way to fix this?
8
8

Epoxy repair/filler for exterior wood.
Awl -- I got rotted spots, wood joints, etc, (Englich tudor- 5/4 type wood) and would like to use a weather-proof filler-type epoxy, ideally with some mechanical strength (which would proly exclude...
9
9

Dimensions of PVC fittings
I need to move the drain location under our kitchen sink slightly and I would like to do it on paper before I start cutting and hacking. Does anyone know where one can download dimensional drawings...
6
6

Stove Burner Ignitors DCS/Bosch
I have a DCS stove that uses electronic ignitors for its top burners. I wanted to replace a a rusted out mounting clip for an ignitor but found that DCS wanted $32 for a bag of ten. Looking around I...
1
1

OT: How Debt Has Defined Human History
It has been forgotten that there is only one way to create wealth & that is by work. Money is just in the process of re-adjusting to it's true worth. It's just the wrong people are gonna pay the...
9
9

Somewhat OT (I think) Electrical question
Though, this isn't specifically about "Home Repair" it is an item in the home. I made a project for the wife which required the use of a sewing machine motor (but not the sewing machine) which has the...
14
14

Does air compressor make good tire inflator?
I have an electric tire inflator that looks similar to this (perhaps an older model): don't like the tire chuck -- I have to flip a lever to compress the rubber washer to seal around the valve stem....
29
29

Sump Pump w/o Tile Connection?
I have a basement that floods in one corner after heavy, extended rain (every 2-3 years). Current theory is hydrostatic pressure pushing water (vapor?) through concrete. Will a sump pump help? The...
7
7

Wierd problem with draft vent of water heater.
I have a 6 month old Sears (AO Smith) 50 Gal gas water heater. While in my basement the other day, I noticed the plastic red " HOT" and blue "COLD" rings around the heat trap nipples were melted...
21
21

broken turn off valve on toilet
------------------------------------- Help. I have purchased two turn off valves to replace a broken one and neither work! The water feed will not come through although the water is turned and there...
7
7

Best wood choice for interior threshold
I have tile flooring and laminate wood flooring that I need to "join" at the door threshold. What is a fairly durable wood to use? I need to be able to stain and shape without having to purchase...
4
4

Rid X For Septic Systems ?
Hello, Had our septic system pumped out, and the guy suggested using Rid X, periodically. Any opinions on ? Any negatives or caveats to its use ? How often (he didn't say)? Thoughts on would be most...
10
10

'Nother couple to chear y'all up. :-)
More funny goings on. ?v=KOyQBSMeIhM?v=6p1Xf_IVbEc

OT Something to cheer y'all up.
Just thought I'd introduce y'all to this to cheer you up in these strange times we now live in. from a place not far from where I was born. There are lots of strange things in the UK..
5
5