Subject Author Posted Replies

USM HTS 25 Staple gun - Where to get staples?
Anyone heard of this model? I found this staple gun in our house when we bought it. I haven't measured them yet, but the staples are wider than T50, and it only takes 1/4" deep staples. The body of...
2
2

Lucy Potter
J K Rowling began her Harry Potter series writing the first book in longhand while sitting in a library. As a single mother on welfare, she knew first-hand the difficulties of being poor. Even after...
1
1

Value of a Kreg Jig
I'm planning to build about 16 feet of book shelves. A friend suggested I invest in a Kreg Jig. I looks good, but seems overpriced. It also looks like they have you on the hook for their self-tapping...
25
25

Replacing the filter on a Craftsman 5 Gallon Clean 'N' Carry Wet/Dry Vac.
The model number is 113.179255. A picture of the filter is here: The nut you see at the top of the picture won't budge. Thus, I cannot remove the filter. I called Sears and they said it should come...
28
28

Ventline Range hood
Anyone ever work on one of these? This unit is a site built house and may be 20 years old. The switch that controls the light and fan has failed. Lou
2
2

counterflashing?
Our house is built of more-or-less solid cement blocks (c 1920, we think.) It has a lower roof that butts against the main wall, which joint I need to flash. My plan for the counterflashing is to cut...
6
6

Car hiitches easy to install!!! except
I was amazed to learn this week that a lot of passenger cars not only have the holes drilled in the frame to attach a hitch, but they even have nuts welded on the top of the holes so that one can just...
48
48

Repair underground wire to outdoor light?
Hi. While gardening, I dug way too deep and cut through the wire (UF cable) that goes to the lightpost (120volt) at the driveway entrance . If possible, I want to avoid trenching and replacing the...
14
14

Electrical wiring, residential
looks like Google has the entire book online.
5
5

Flex Seal?
Looking for a product like Flex Seal. Read some bad reviews about how they do business, but the product is supposedly good. What I have is, a front door with a side light on each side. The panels are...
3
3

bulb burnt out with heat damage. Why?
Hi, we have one of those energy saving bulbs installed in a room. The bulb is installed on the ceiling light fixture, facing downwards. Recently it burnt out and when we were replacing it, we found...
10
10

12 V flashlight bulbs?
I have a Bosch FL10A 12 V flashlight that needs bulbs. There are DEWALT DW9043 12-Volt Flashlight Xenon Replacement Bulb (2 Pack) for $10 (US). Is that a reasonable price for two bulbs? Any other...
3
3

Need DEAFENING LOUD smoke detector
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead? her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,...
13
13

Remote sensing of water holding tank levels (measuring contraption)
Having recently and unexpectedly run out of water in my holding tanks, I now see the value in some kind of remote warning system that can be seen inside the house. Do you know of a good idea for...
46
46

Water
As you may know, the City of Houston just implemented a stage one condition of water rationing. (Lawn watering permitted for odd-numbered addresses only during the dark of the moon on alternate...
16
16