Subject Author Posted Replies

Any spray foam that can expand / cure in a closed bag?
I'm trying to apply some expanding foam to the inside of a closed garbage bag that's situated between two surfaces that are about an inch apart. I want the foam to take the shape of the irregular...
10
10

OT panasonic viera plasma tv error codes
I have a panasonic plasma tv........error code 6 blinks of the red light model number th37px50u anyone have a good idea on this?? besides the land fill?? thanx Herb Harrison PS......if this dosent get...
2
2

Ah, the pleasures of home ownership- another in an endless series...
Avoiding big chores by doing small ones. Just got the stop strip on garage door replaced. Took longer than it should have, especially with my blurry eyes- that plastic trim is like a noodle- hard to...

Generator problem
"[CALIFORNIA] A San Juan Capistrano man is behind bars Friday after allegedly assaulting his neighbor with a flashlight over a noisy generator during a blackout that left thousands of local homes...
1
1

Craftsman Lawn Tractor Problem
My Craftsman Lawn Tractor (917.275702, 24 HP, 48" deck, electric start, automatic trans), is now 6 years old. Today in the middle of mowing my 1 acre, I noticed the transmission getting sluggish, more...
14
14

Where to get shelf hooks like this?
Hi, I have a set of shelves hanging from the joists in the basement (from a previous owner). They are simple wooden shelves resting on the metal supports that you can see here: can't seem to find...
17
17

Fine grit sanding belts - where to find?
I am looking for some 1 X 30 inch very fine sanding belts. I use them on a bench sander to sharpen knives, and would like to find some belts with the finest grit possible, 400 would probably be ideal....
8
8

Generac- cranking error?
Bought a house with a 1.7Kw Generac. It is set to run once a week for 30 minutes. It also has reminder notice for service and it was overdue for oil, air filter & plugs so I changed everything. Now,...
15
15

Running Boiler During Power Outage
I have an older Weil Mclain gas steam boiler for the radiators in my house. If the electricity goes out, it won't run -- I believe it needs electricity to operate the gas valve, and the thermostat is...
22
22

Speaking of urinals. Short question follows long explanation.
You can skip the long explanation and go directly to the short question by scrolling down to the line of asterisks, but the explanation is needed to explain why it can't be done economically any other...
14
14

repacking a main valve
Hi all am helping a friend remodel his downstairs bathroom, and as a result have had to mess with the plumbing. Two valves in his laundry room were dripping when I noticed them; one being the cold...
9
9

The perils of paused power
One blogger writes that during the recent power interruption in Southern California, the electric-eye toilet flushing mechanisms at UC-San Diego refused to work. The older model toilets, ones with...
17
17

Removing red chalk lines from concrete (2023 Update)
wow! Is there anything that will remove it? I've tried bleach, cleanser and even Goof-off with no luck. I think a wire wheel may do it, but it's a broom finish and i don't want to knock that off and...
35
35

Teflon Tape Problem
I have never had a problem with Teflon tape for water pipe joints before. Now I did 4 joints and all 4 leaked, even after tightening them tighter than I have ever had to tighten a joint. I ended up...
22
22

New hardwood floor questions
As noted elsewhere, I am re-doing a second floor apartment that a tenant just moved out of. Unfortunately, the previous tenant had cats and there are cat urine stains everywhere on the existing old...
15
15