Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Car Key question
Just got a spare key for my car. The thing comes with a black plastic cap on the end. Is there an easy way to get the thing off? Melt it?? Burn it? Chisel it (not so easy)?
73
73

Anyone put a variable control into a Broan Vented Stove fan?
I would be interested in knowing the success or failure of someone taking o= ut the Off-Lo-Hi switch in a Broan over the oven hood/fan to allow variable= control of the fan and hopefully lower the...
3
3

I want my own 100 gallon propane tank.
I can't help you with your quest, but have you asked the propane companies if they'd have issues with filling a largish tank owned by the customer? There might be liability issues that would throw a...
64
64

Sharpen a knife with a cup
30-second video
15
15

They dont sell posts!!!!
I'm planning to build a fence and need fence posts. I went to the POST OFFICE to buy the posts. They said they dont sell posts..... What the fuck..... why are they called the POST OFFICE if they dont...
21
21

On regulations...
"The report focuses on the Environmental Protection Agency's Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule, which was designed to limit exposure to lead-based paints in houses built before 1978. Imposed...
8
8

Fascia and soffit: aluminum vs. vinyl
I need to wrap soffit and fascia on my new addition. What material, aluminum or vinyl looks best, easier to install for an average homeowner?
14
14

Fence Post Question??
Just a quick question about installing fence posts. We would like to have a 6 foot high, Cedar wooden stockade fence installed in our yard. My question is, when putting in the fence posts for the...
39
39

An interesting read about the poor in the US
37
37

Gasoline engine driven chain saw recommendation
Need a gasoline engine driven chain saw around 22-24 inches. Any first hand recommendations? Thanks
32
32

Stair accidents and how to avoid them and lessen their impact
A good friend of mine bought and installed one of the stairway lifts you see on TV ads in his dad's house. His dad had serious hip problems that an artificial hip did not make better. So his dad had...
22
22

Curious hugshake
About three months ago, a couple of my friends started giving me male on male hugshakes. This consists of the two males handshaking each other with their right hands, pulling the other male towards...
24
24

gummy wood
I've been sanding a countertop down to refinish it with polyurethane. I notice that one section seems to be a little tacky or gummy, I can scrape off tiny pills of some kind of stuff. Most of the rest...
5
5

How can I tell a wood-cutting bandsaw blade from a metal cutting one?
It's been so long snce I put a new blade on my home bandsaw, I don't remember if it's for cutting metal or wood. I should have put a label on the saw, but didn't (because I used to remember such...
14
14

Float Chargers
Float chargers are attached to the 12v in the generator, and also to two 12v that provide back-up for the sump-pump. Neither of these units is used every day; in fact, the sump-pump batteries have...
15
15