Subject Author Posted Replies

Whole House Fan recommendations
I'll be getting one of those fancy state of California utility approved audits and I'm sure they'll be hitting all of my buttons. They may well give me a whole house fan covered by tax credits and...
1
1

ISO double-ended 5/16" hex screwdriver blades with the spring-loaded ball bearing on side to lock into handle.
Yes, I know this is trivial, but when I do something dumb it irritates me. I am (ever so slowly) tearing down my smashed metal shed, using my cordless drill with a nutdriver bit, and a Fuller 6-in-1...
9
9

Some more electrical questions for bath reno
These are some pics of the gutted bathroom I'm renovating, with the last pic showing a tub I installed. Going from left to tight will be a toilet, vanity sink, and the tub. ) With regard to putting a...
2
2

Older window AC question?
I had a trusty 6K btu LG built Sears Window AC that quit this year (might be fuse(s) or OLP (can't find them yet). But when disassembling it I noticed that the squirrel cage fan and internal ducting...
5
5

From OP: Re Mold Removal
Hello, Thanks for all the suggestions. Much appreciated. if I go the Clorox route, how long should it stay on a painted surface prior to rinsing it with water ? !~5 minutes or so, or are we talking...
2
2

Sealed Sump Pump
I have moved into the area, for which half of the houses hae sealed sump pump area. Question is: 1. Reason for sump pump to be selaed (Is it only radon, or something else) 2. What should be possible...
7
7

Home repair after a flood
Hey, Mormons are people too... at least some of them. :) -c-
4
4

Ants finally got "Terro"-ized
My huge mulberry tree did not fruit this year. As a result about a billon hungry little black sugar ants that used to feed on the fallen berries came into my house searching for food. These little...
11
11

battery on lawn tractor
I just had to replace the battery on my #1 lawn tractor. Since it doesn`t have a generator or alternator I`m wondering what keeps the battery charged? I have found that you get what you pay for....
26
26

condensation under the house
It seems there is condensation building up underneath my house on the end near the garage that doesn't have foundation vents. Some of the joists have mold or a fungus on them. The prior owner...
17
17

Adhesive Reccomendation Please?
SWMBO and I were visiting family graves at a nearby cemetary today (It's a Jewish tradition to pay such visits the week before the Jewish new year begins.) The oval ceramic tile with her grandmother's...
19
19

Where to mount outlet for Jacuzzi tub
I am ready to run a new circuit for the Jacuzzi tub I put in. I am running the circuit it under the floor and coming up from the bottom into the motor area. easiest thing for me to do is mount the box...
17
17

Mold Removal ?
Hello, Regarding some gree Mold on my garage doors, and driveway, that I would like to kill, and hopefully remove: Do I want to spray it with Vinegar or Chlorox ? If Chlorox, should I dilute it a bit...
5
5

Recommendations for a spring-loader center punch
I was surprised to find my local HoPo didn't have any spring-loaded center punches. Anyone have one/used one they could recommend? Primary use is to punch out car window if trapped in a flood. Since...
32
32

UARS comes down near Calgary - good thing it wasn't an ICBM
If Norad or the US air force didn't have real-time tracking of the UARS as it approached the west coast last night, you've got to wonder if they have any real ability to detect a ground or...
19
19