Subject Author Posted Replies

Space Oddity - 'meteoric rise'
On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 5:44:28 AM UTC-4, occam wrote in Why can't rockets be considered meteors? Even flying horizontally on the moon? -- This UFO sighting was filmed in Montreal in the...
5
5

water turned on finaly after 2 months
You'll have to be a little more detailed if you're asking a question. Are you on town supplied water? Do you have an individual well for just your house?...
1
1

a piebald deer
I saw what was probably a piebald deer this afternoon, white and grey (almost blue an hour before sunset.) Running sideways but got behind some trees right away, about 100 feet from my yard. Less than...

I feel guilty, washing machine
I feel guilty. My washing machine was whining and then iirc clunking and it won't drain the water. Probably the pump. I looked on it but coudn't find the model number so I had to look in the file...
6
6

Is an overflow well necessary for a water filtration system?
I need a filtration system for my well water but the contractor suggested an overflow system first.

OT. Linkedin Leaving China
So said a radio talk show host. It's supposedly getting too tough to compete there. An article here: <> Microsoft says it is shutting down its main LinkedIn app in China later this year following...

What is the point of this:
What is the point of this: It's a battery cable end but what is the point of of the thing that sticks out an inch? Just a place to attach a wire? Isn't that thing goign to get in the way?
3
3

If an area is zoned for business, is one allowed to build a home or small apartment building?
OT, and not even politics. I know only a few of you are experts on Maryland law, but I think it's typical of US law on this. If an area is zoned for business, is one allowed to build a home, or an...
1
1

Big Ears
Amazon had a lot of information on this lady. <> The woman posted a viral TikTok video explaining how she requested to see the data but wasn't expecting to receive so much.

Win a new Cadillac
I'm holding a contest. First prize will be a new 2022 Cadillac and 5 years' worth of gasoline or until we don't use gasoline cars anymore, whichever comes first. Decisions of the judge will be final....
6
6

Black "burn" marks above bathroom light
How can I get this black "film" off the ceiling??
3
3

Septic tank cover?
My septic tank has a ½? thick 3ftx3ft steel plate over the opening acting as a cover, and this is all buried 6? below grade. The tank opening is only 22?x22?. I just formed and poured my own 25?x25?...
5
5

Is Ravens stadium in Baltimore full today?
Does anyone know if the Ravens stadium is allowed to be full these days? If it was full today? It didn't loko like it, but I tuned in late and there were a lot of empty seats, but otoh it's sort of...
6
6

Wiring New LED Ceiling Light Fixture for 1960s House
House built in the 1960s. Dad with dementia removed an old ceiling light fixture months ago. Mom wants a new light fixture. A total of three ceiling light fixtures are on the circuit. The breaker for...
84
84

Professional Headband Hearing Protectors vs foam rubber
What is the advantage of something like these little foam rubber cylinders that you roll between your fingers and stick in your ears? Which is better? Is it significant?
6
6