Subject Author Posted Replies

Wax On, Wax Off
Attn all car nutz, which auto wax do you prefer? Consumer Reports rates Black Magic Wet Shine Liquid #1, and I've read conflicting reports that it is a bear to remove. Liquid or Paste? Thanx!
5
5

sewer camera
I had inquired about getting inspection, but from the get go they wanted to redo everything. So I decided to order a 20 foot waterproof inspection camera. Going to cost $45. I might have to attach to...
10
10

NEC question: low-voltage wiring crossing 120v wiring.
I am running network cables -- shielded, if that makes a difference -- above suspended ceiling where there is already 120V Romex wiring in places. This 120V wiring is stapled to the joists at...
30
30

TV wall mounting
My sister has ask me install a TV wall mount unit (Sanus F215). Instructions are pretty straightforward. Problem is where she wants it. That center of the wall location is wallboard only. To support...
9
9

Wasps... die, die, die!
We got wasps right her in river community that's spelled with a W and stands fer sting and I want 'em all DEAD!! I got two holsters fulla Raid Wasp and Hornet Spray. I can hit 'em in mid flight!...
22
22

Antique weather vane stolen from barn in Boston area - replaced with fake
Possibility that this was an insurance scam? =============================== Weather Vane Stolen From Norwell Barn; Imitation Left In Its Place NORWELL (CBS) ? An antique weather vane worth tens of...

Automatic Sliding Door Closers
I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer. Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ? Thanks.
9
9

OT: but fun for the steers

OT: New book "We Meant Well"
Not going to weigh in on that endless "Lib" thread which I started sometime back in the Pleistocene..Bobby G. is holding his own. But Bobby, mon cher, you're dealing with people who are off in their...
9
9

Q: Tell Me About Nail Guns
My very talented housekeeper has replaced the crummy baseboards in a couple of my rooms with nice maple molding. She used a borrowed cordless nail gun that apparently did (barely) the job, with a few...
16
16

How to remove your thing when it's stuck in a hole
If a guy gets his thing stuck in a hole, what is the best method to remove it?
5
5

Radial saws
I recently was gifted a Craftsman radial saw. Not a large one, but medium. I have gone over it, and it's all there. Played with the dials and stops and got a feel for it. It does not have a fence on...
10
10

What type of screw?
Can somebody tell me what this type of screw is called? It came from a Hard Drive screw fits into a slot so the Hard Disk doesn't move around,that is why the thread don't go all the
7
7

Sealant for aluminum panel roof
I have been fighting a losing battle with a screen porch roof that is made of aluminum panels butted against each other. Sealants on the seams last about a year (18 months if lucky) before leaks start...
9
9

Small quantities of construction staples?
I picked up a free 16 gauge staple gun. Works, but only has a dozen staples. I went looking for 16 gauge 7/16 crown 2" long staples in Portland Oregon. I can't find anywhere to buy less than 10,000 of...
7
7