Subject Author Posted Replies

Tyvek for roof -- instead of felt?
OK, I have to say, I don't really know what was going on. I was on my way to work and saw a "roofing crew" atop a house and noticed that they had Tyvek spread out all over the roof. They also had...
26
26

Build a gun in your garage
Using tools you may already have (SawStop not required).
10
10

OT - Seriously misleading ad
A recent ad for Sylvania auto headlight bulbs showed their product "a" is 30% brighter*, "b" is 35% brighter, and "c" is 50% brighter*. When you look at the fine print for * you find the statement...
4
4

DoorKnob Spindle thread?
I have a few old doorknobs that can use a new spindle,the problem is what kind of thread is used on the spindle,the threads on most of the door knobs are stripped, I've tried 3/8x30 nuts to check the...
6
6

comic for the group
They buy shoes, we buy tools.... Today on Real Life Adventures - Comics by Gary Wise and Lance Aldrich - GoComics
4
4

What's in your man cave?
Curious what others have in their man cave, if you have one. I'll start. Got rid of the TV, and have exercise equipment in there along with my iHome/iPod. Also a turtle tank, with one Red Eared...
23
23

OT Maybe? Cellular Modems & Service
I'm looking for a cell modem/service for a laptop to be used when traveling. It would be nice to be able to shut off the service when not using it without huge penalties. Anyone here using such a...
20
20

Leaf blowers
I'm trying to justify buying the Stihl 600 backpack blower. Thought I'd save by cleaning my own gutters twice a year, by getting the gutter attachment. They don't make a gutter cleaning tool for...
16
16

copmression nuts
What kind of thread do they use on this copmression nuts?I had to fix the threads on one,and the 1/8 pipe tap was too small,while th 1/2 was too big....
2
2

CFM vs SCFM?
Looking at some used and new air compressors, how do I compare SCFM to CFM?
3
3

Measuring RO for a Picture Window
I want to replace the single pane wooden picture window in my living room with a vinyl replacement window. I just want to check my measuring method before I call the dealer. I pulled the inside trim...
7
7

Low dust drywall compound
Anyone else have issues with the low dust compound? I haven't opened a tub of compound in around 6 years. I saw this "new" compound and bought some. It seemed ok but either I had issues with my rusty...
5
5

Efficient priming technique for tongue and groove siding
I'm in the process of priming some 1X4 tongue and groove siding on all sides before installing it. I'm painting, not staining it (latex), so I don't imagine any kind of dipping scheme would work. The...
11
11

Can this support be replaced with something smaller?
Hi, Here's an odd space in my house under the stairs that I would like to convert to storage: is that big triangular block in the middle that supports a stair. I would like to replace that block with...
11
11

increasing pressure
my neighbor recently replaced the switch on our shared well that tells the pump to turn on and off...since then the pressure has been not so great at my house and i am wondering how to increase it,...
4
4