Subject Author Posted Replies

Bathroom sink stopper
Installed new bathroom sinks and the horizontal operating mechanism for the drain stopper does not extend out far enough to connect to the vertical operating mechanism behind the spigot. Bending the...
4
4

100 amp GE double pole, double throw transfer switch wiring
Hi, I think I was very confusing the first time so hope no one minds if I try again. I was able to find a better picture of what I have, zoom in on the inner picture. wiring from the meter box to the...
8
8

Store aluminum ladder outdoors?
I have an aluminum extension ladder that I use every other year or so to get on the roof, otherwise it takes up space in the garage. Can I just leave it under the deck in the backyard? It will get wet...
57
57

Unhappy with Roomba vacuum
My wife had a roomba vacuum, that worked ok - barely - for about a year. Then the rechargeable battery pack died beyond fixing, so many of the cells died. A neighbor gave me one that has the "go to...
9
9

I am stuck
Hi, I was going to switch over rims/tires from summer to winter tonight. One of the rim is stuck frozen on the hub. Rocking with lug nuts loose or hitting with mallet can't loosen it up. Any...
35
35

New Bathroom Vanity Too Tall - Do I have to remove mirror?
We put ceramic tile down in the bathroom and now want to install new vanity but it is taller than the bottom of the mirror. The new vanity top is pretty basic, cultured marble with built in...
11
11

Dog door replacement flap
I've tried and tried to find a replacement flap for my ancient Johnson Pet Door Model M-2. Nothing, nada, and zilch. Looks like I need to make one. Does anyone have any idea where I might find a small...
16
16

Lawnmowing question
I have a decent Honda self drive mower with a bagger. The grass seems not to all go into the bagger, but leaves trails behind the mower, which I have to rake up. I have checked underneath, and all the...
21
21

Jenn-Air Repair Insurance Worthwhile?
We have a Jenn-Air down draft stove that has worked fine for several years. We are now offered repair warranty for $258 for the next three years. Ordinarily I never buy equipment warranties, figuring...
4
4

Rockwell 14 Band Saw
My father left me a Rockwell 14 band saw. It's pretty old. The blade is having trouble staying in alignment. I was told that the drive wheel or some other part involved in the movement of the blade...
4
4

Homemade leaf collector
Video
44
44

leaking around shower valve cartridge
Five years ago I replaced the Moen 1200 single-faucet cartridge in my shower. Now it drips from the knob. It seems to be leaking around the cartridge. I found the plastic adapter and, after tapping...
1
1

OT Has anyone had any luck boosting cell phone signal in the house?
Can you get some kind of antenna transmitter booster that will help getting signal in the house. Calls can be made from the yard and in the house, but not reliably.
10
10

OT When does 999 = 666?
When your tax plan is simple - and wrong.
27
27

Light bulbs burn out too fast
This apartment has strange problems. Incandescent bulbs burn out too fast, usually when a switch is turned on. I monitored line voltage with a plug-in meter that displays voltages in the range of 90...
30
30