108-year-old vacuum cleaner

[...]
"The American Sturtevant vacuum cleaner No. 4 was made in 1904, and came with the original accessories including wall brushes, floor tools, blowing nozzles, and upholstery tool.'
Pics:
<http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4165177/Still-sucking-the-worlds-oldest-vacuum-cleaner.html

...but can he still get bags? ;-)

I wonder what the hose was made of to keep it's flexibility?
On 3/2/2012 11:55 AM, Doug wrote:

It's probably a material that's been outlawed because it works very well but is poisonous to the endangered Three Toed Barking Snail of Easter Island. o_O
TDD
I halfway sense that you're kidding, but at the same time it's all too possible to be real.
It's probably a material that's been outlawed because it works very well but is poisonous to the endangered Three Toed Barking Snail of Easter Island. o_O
TDD

Don't put anything past today's environmental whack-job tree-huggin nutcakes.
Locally, we have a 3 mile section of interstate highway (US-31) that has been blocked from completion because of some "endangered" Mitchell's Satyr butterflys that live along the proposed route.
See for yourself:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&llB.129803,-86.335716&spn=0.206494,0.281525&t=m&z
On 3/2/2012 5:01 PM, Carnivore wrote:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&llB.129803,-86.335716&spn=0.206494,0.281525&t=m&z
Would it be allowed for an agent of the TSA to fondle one of the butterflies? ^_^
TDD

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&llB.129803,-86.335716&spn=0.206494,0.281525&t=m&z  Yeah! Screw them Mit Sat butterflies. What do they do for us?
First off, they are only endangered. There are 2 more steps, threatened and then extinct. Plenty of wiggle room there.
Also, they still have 15 places to live. What do they want, for us to build condos for them:
The Mitchell's satyr butterfly is one of the most geographically restricted eastern butterflies. Historically, the Mitchell's satyr was found in New Jersey, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and possibly Maryland. Today, the butterfly can be found in only 13 locations in Michigan and 2 locations in Indiana.
Gee, glad we got them out of New Jersey. They're brown. I like the shiny ones.
If there are any of these trouble makers around you they live in places like this:
The Mitchell's satyr is restricted to rare wetlands called fens which are low nutrient systems that receive carbonate-rich ground water from seeps and springs.
So, if they really have only 15 places left to live, they should put down their game controllers and get out and build some wetlands of their own. Damn liberal butterflies. Don't know what an honest days work is like.
How'm I doin?
--
Dan Espen

Thanks. Why didn't I think of rubber in this case ... duh :(
Probably at the museum? Got to be some reproduction service out there.
Or, it could have a reusable cloth bag. When I was a little kid, Mom had a vac that was "mouse" shaped, and had a round cloth bag with some plastic rim.

...but can he still get bags? ;-)
On Mar 2, 1:01pm, "Stormin Mormon"

I was kidding. I'm guessing it's a bagless unit.
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:11:09 -0800, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What, you mean that feature wasn't invented by Dyson!? ;-)
On Mar 2, 4:19pm, "Stormin Mormon"

I said it made one last trip to the *garbage can*.
Don't report me for dumping it in the wild, report my refuse collector.
Too late. Report already been filed. My spell check changed the report, you Jew tore it out and damned it in the counter where it could RAM find, and boom a big V-bomb canister. Now the schools are on lockdown, too.

I said it made one last trip to the *garbage can*.
Don't report me for dumping it in the wild, report my refuse collector.

YDIW. You're supposed to suck up an ample supply of soapy water then take the vac out and hose out the interior. No dust. QED