Subject Author Posted Replies

XL pipeline (was: OT Sharia law in action)
What's so gastly about the XL pipeline vs other pipelines that already criss-cross your country? You're a nation dependant on oil and your way of life would grind to a halt if you don't get enough of...

Can dishwasher film be overcome or do I need a new one?
I live in a coastal community on a North Carolina barrier island in a house I inherited from my father. I've noticed a film on the silverware I've run through the dishwasher that is difficult to...
28
28

Bulb Life ?
Hi, For the last few weeks, our overhead kitchen light seems to be eating bulbs. Fixture is the normal typical overhead type with a globe. Uses two 60 W incandescent bulbs. A bulb, in either socket,...
8
8

Bathroom Heater Choices
I need to boost the heat in our bathroom because our forced air heating system is set to 65-68 degF. The heater needs to run on 120V, so 1.5kW is the limit. Am i better off with an infrared heater...
20
20

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ! ! !
Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions...
17
17

Isobutanol-Gasoline to the rescue
Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- In side by side performance, durability and emissions testing of small engines, gasoline blended with isobutanol performed better than blends using ethanol. Gevo, Inc....
1
1

Carpet spots
Every few months five or six small gray spots appear on my beige carpet. They are always in the same place (an area less than one square foot)and easy to remove using Resolve or any other carpet...
10
10

Somewhat OT: Of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1% - 30 years of greed
A good read on greed:
31
31

OT: Thank god for the "interweb"
Today I broke out one of the Polaroid hybrid DVRs I bought used on FeeBay. It does both analog and digital (OTA only) and records both formats quite well. I just installed it because Comcast dropped...

New Home Depot store security
New Home Depot store security I went to home depot today. searching for a employee to get some wire cut, couldnt find anyone close by electrical. did find the store full of a new security system. It...
51
51

brick with holes - filler
I have a bunch of extra bricks (actually leftover from the construction of the house) that is used as a garden barrier. what I want to know if there is something that I can fill the 3 holes of each...
5
5

Block Heater
To get one installed or no. First year in Northern New Brunswick and I hear it can get to as low as -20c some nights
12
12

Duraglas Repair of Window Sill
Last night, I took out the old single pane wooden picture window (48" x 54") to see what I'll be up against when I install the VRW picture window this weekend. In one lower corner where the old...
1
1

2-inch drain line backflow preventer?
I own a rental property that has a basement with a laundry sink, and I am wondering if there is such a thing as a drain line backflow preventer that I can install in the laundry sink drain line to...
14
14

Rookie Fun, Revised
Really? I've seen plenty of adjustable wrenches with metric scales on (I have one, made by Draper IIRC) - but not a pipe wrench. I didn't think that pipe wrenches generally *had* scales (which is, I...
3
3