Subject Author Posted Replies

Follow-up on attaching trailer hitch
Attaching the trailer hitch to my Toyota Solara went smoothly. I think they would sell a lot more hitches if they imparted the message of how easy it is. Until I read t he instructions online, I...
4
4

7 dead and 51 injured in one of Britain's 'worst ever' motorway crashes
people were killed and dozens of others injured following a horrific motorway pile-up which triggered a "massive fireball" on the carriageway. Around 27 vehicles, including a number of articulated...
6
6

How to select better replacement bearings for a pool pump motor
This is interesting data. I have the two bearings in my hands. Guess what? One has molded on the rubber seal at the 12, 6, and 9 o'clock positions: * NSK 151 6203V USA where the tiny 151 (date code?)...
3
3

"GREAT STUFF" (not so great)
I always like to keep a can of "Great Stuff" on hand, in case I have an uninvited guess appear in one of the buildings (as in mouse). Mice are common on farms (which this is). If I find the point of...
24
24

Detroit Suburb Literally Rips-Out 1,000 Streetlights, Darkens Town
If you can't pay your electric bill, turn the lights off, but why remove them?
39
39

Z-Medica QuikClot Emergency Blood Loss Stopper
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:j927uk$su3$ Now I see this, yes, this is excellent for TRAUMATIC, external wounds. Probably a really good lifesaver under the above circumstances. As I said in a...
10
10

solder flux/paste
I'm looking for an acid based solder paste for electrical soldering. I haven't purchased the stuff for years. Things have changed quite a bit. We used to refer to it as an RMA type. There seem to be...
8
8

The honest plumber
This would have been _REALLY_ surprising if Mr. Laliberte was a politician, wall street banker, or used car salesman.
4
4

Grout Vs Caulk at corner of shower floor/wall
I have a 2 year old shower that is ceramic tile on the floors & on the walls. It is grouted where the wall tiles meet the floor tiles. The grout on two of these wall/floor areas is cracking where the...
9
9

painting at low temps
forum, Hope this finds you healthy, happy, and revolving. I've always used the guideline of 50 degrees for the threshold of when to be able to paint. Paint dries in less than ten minutes in abq. Does...
3
3

Iron Stined Tubs Sinks Diwasheer
Sorry if I already posted this question below but I'm not sure if it was received as I can't locate it in the posted messages. Thanks. What can I use to remove iron stained surfaces like acrylic and...
4
4

Denver Collects Fines On Drivers Who Stop At Red Lights
Denver Collects Fines On Drivers Who Stop At Red Lights city of Denver is bringing in thousands of dollars in fines every year by ticketing people who stop at red lights. They?re ticketed because...
65
65

Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world
Revealed ? the capitalist network that runs the world study, by a trio of complex systems theorists at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, is the first to go beyond ideology to...
11
11

How to keep mice out of the house
From Popular Mechanics: "As the temperature outside drops, we cozy up inside our nice, warm houses. Unfortunately, so do insects and rodents. Whether the invaders are as small as an ant or as big as a...
21
21

Well problem - pump dont always kick in when it should.
I have a deep well with submercible pump. It's always worked fine, but lately on occasion it seem to not want to start on occasion. This is on a farm. When I use small amounts of water in the house...
14
14