Subject Author Posted Replies

ceiling grid
Everest ceiling grid systems are one of the most innovative systems =96 ready to install and dimensionally stable. They are protected from corrosion as they are roll-formed out of hot-dip galvanized...

2-wire in-walll timer -- still sold?
Both my friend and I have the same problem, a wall switch box with only two wires and a ground entering the switch box. We both had 24-hour timers that worked fine; we both bought replacements to find...
22
22

Is 'InstaHang' a decent product?
Anybody know anything about a product called InstaHang? I ask, because whenever I see an ad on TV I think, "what a great idea!", but then usually find out that the Competitor's Product to what is...
14
14

Calif says "not so fast" to oil changes
"The long-held notion that the oil should be changed every 3,000 miles is so prevalent that California officials have launched a campaign to stop drivers from wasting millions of gallons of oil...
32
32

They ain't dead yet!
"The shutdown-averting budget bill will block federal light bulb efficiency standards, giving a win to House Republicans fighting the so-called ban on incandescent light bulbs. GOP and Democratic...
59
59

Homemade stationary bike
Pic
4
4

Stinky drywall case resolved
"Knauf Plasterboard Tianjin Co., a Chinese drywall maker, agreed to pay at least $800 million to settle homeowner claims that faulty building materials contaminated their homes with corrosive sulfur...
1
1

Carb Overhaul on Homelite Vac Attack II
I had a problem where the engine would die when set at half-choke and the throttle was advanced. (Could be advanced a little without dying but not full.) At no choke the engine would not run at all. I...
6
6

4-line telephone via RJ45 jack?
I have 4 analog land line service from comast. The 4 lines come out of two RJ11 jacks on the cable modem. I have a multi line phones (att 1040) that accepts 4 lines via two RJ11 jacks. This should be...
10
10

Installing a Pedestal Sink = Rocket Science???
Awl, Goodgawd, another project from the Wife, who tore apart a perfectly good bathroom. Really, a semi-nightmare. Here's the problem: First, a pedestal sink sits on a hollow column, with one side...
11
11

Rechargeable, waterproof, LED, Japanese lantern
Designed for emergency use. if you inflated it with Helium... After the 2010 Haiti earthquake, Columbia University architecture students Anna Stork and Andrea Sreshta got an assignment to create...
3
3

Wyoming Department of Health: Don't Castrate Lambs With Teeth
Your curious American customs never fail to amaze and intrigue! ================================== 8, 2011, 3:05 PM ET CDC: Castrating Lambs With Your Teeth May Make You Sick At first, we thought this...
9
9

Looking for F-Type Compression Connectors With Easy Grip Connector Caps
When my new DTA kit came in from Comcast it contained a cable with large gray "speed nuts" attached to it that are about 1.25" long and make spinning the cables on and off a lot easier for arthritic...
1
1

Non-yellowing caulk recommendations
I am nearly finished with construction of a new shed. I have a few more trim pieces to cut and install and then I'll need to caulk the necessary joints. I'm using white PVC for the trim (Versatex) so...
5
5

Ebay LED 110 VAC light bulb
I'm tempted to order a few of these. My experience with LED bulbs is that they are focussed, so they shine a spot on the far wall instead of lighting the room. Equal to 15 watt light bulb, too. Might...
17
17