Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, Americans Are Such Horrible People
For all my Leftists friends from other countries, you were right. Americans are horrible. Christmas! TDD TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
3
3

Merry Christmas to all (with animation pic).
This is a really great Christmas animation. Christmas to everyone on http://www.horizonflightcenter.com/AnimatedChristmasHouseLights.gif

unclearable toilet (toilet auger, hot water, time) (I gorged on peanut butter!)
Man, I've never had a stoppage like this before. First, this is the one toilet in the house that has a big exit hole, pipe, etc. If it got blocked (before now,, that is), a home-depot orange...
2
2

Drain connection to sewer for condensate drain?
Anyone with experience in typical plumbing codes have advice on this? I need to route the condensate drain on a high efficiency furnace/AC to an appropriate drain. It appears that going outside is not...
16
16

Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal a lot?
This is my first time installing cat5 cable in my house and I am unsure how to connect to RJ45 jacks that I need to put in the wall. I've installed a WISP antenna 75 feet from the house & will be...
223
223

Removing stickers from the floor
When my brother removes stickers from tomatoes, apples or other food items, he drops them on the floor where they stick. These stickers are VERY difficult to remove. Our floor is a sheet goods floor...
8
8

Plumbing question
Just when I thought our dream bathroom was looking so good I noticed a problem with the height of the shower head. The shower head is 3 inches shorter than it is supposed to be. The contractor...
7
7

OT Britain's Prince Philip taken to hospital
is best known for............. He's notorious for his ability to put his foot in his mouth at the drop of a brick. And now another tale of Prince Philip's astonishing gaffability has emerged. Meeting...
4
4

OT, frog and some electronic device
OT, frog and some electronic device. Short.
2
2

How to orient hall ceiling lights?
I bought a pair of antique circa 1890 ceiling lighting fixtures for a hall. I have not yet installed them. Today I find this picture with a pair just like mine: they are oriented 90 degrees...
14
14

How many 100W Incandescent light bulbs do you have stocked up?
You must be a mad bugger. When the latest generation CFLs first came out, they were selling them for $0.15 to promote them. So I bought about twenty. So I have a stock of latest technology lamps and...
105
105

Does the Zircon Studsensor SL actually find a stud?
The only stud sensor I've used is the "Zircon Studsensor SL" (black package) and it rarely finds the stud, even when I know where they are. It's so frustrating, that, for the past few years, I just...
5
5

Police, gas utility workers entering RI homes to shut off gas (why?)
Ok, here's what I don't get: 1) It's not clear from this story why the gas company thinks there's a problem somewhere. 2) I don't know how they do things in RI, but around here our gas meters are...
72
72

New tub install question
I am re-doing a bathroom and I am about to install a new steel tub (someone else is doing the actual work, but it is easier to just write "I"). The walls are ripped out down to the studs, and I will...
5
5

lawn tractors - hydro drive vs not
Does hydraulic drive on a lawn tractor typically sap more of the engine's power to operate than good a old-fashioned setup (belt-driven conical clutch and reversing gear in the diff)? Or are they...
24
24