Subject Author Posted Replies

WTB - Sheet metal shears
Hand held, DeWalt style DW890. Looks like a drill with a pair of scissors sticking out of be #DW892, which cuts thicker, and has a swivel head. Must be operational and in decent shape. Can be...
1
1

Brabants?
Check out this page-- for Laico and Scout Laico says he's 100% imported-- that's what the european ones look like-- We've bred them over here to be trimmer. None as cool as the one you saw-- but I...
2
2

Federal Pacific panel replace tips
December 30, 2011, Friday I'm going to be assistant, replacing a FPE panel, tomorrow. From what I can figure, it means to switch off the power. Big breaker outdoors. Cut some drywall (flush mount) and...
37
37

New Propane Torches are junk
Years ago I had several propane torches and although I dont use them often, they lasted years. Eventually they just would not light anymore. Several years ago I bought a BernzOmatic propane torch (not...
18
18

Pinhole in 2" Steam pipe
Last night while checking on one of the buildings I manage, I noticed a pinhole leak coming from a 2" steel pipe that enters the side of the boiler. The leak is not at the boiler, but at the top of...
22
22

Is this how you wire the RJ45 female wall mount connectors?
I recently did my very first cat5e wiring in my life (details elsewhere). The tools for the male connectors weren't too hard to figure out but what tools do YOU use for the female connectors? Here,...
19
19

Old-fashion hot water radiators
Oil heat + circulator. Should rads be bled when hot or cold? -ChrisCoaster
1
1

I LOVE Getting People to Argue With Each Other!
Q: Should oil-heated hot water radiators be bled when HOT or COLD? Jerry Springer, LET 'EM AT IT!! -ChrisCoaster
1
1

OT The metric conversion of the US would happen if they taught it in school.
There is no reason to even speak about the US standard. Any US conversions will be when it happens in the real world. Now playing: One Eskimo, Kandi Try Our New 24/7 Live Stream Music Channel Here -...
91
91

Northeast heating oil prices and gasoline?
May rise dramatically as 40% of the region's refining capacity closes. "While the largest loss by volume will be gasoline supplies, idling the Marcus Hook refinery early in the current heating season...
12
12

Honeywell MagicStat thermostat -> questions about jumper settings on the back
I've got a Honeywell MagicStat thermostat that has 2 jumpers marked as "A" and "B" that are opened or closed by a screw head that you tighten (to close the jumper) or turn out (to open the jumper)....
22
22

Back stabbed outlets and Daisy chaining, Christmas tree lamps
New 2 1/2 year old house. During construction I noticed the use of back stabbed outlets. I complained to the electrician and he (no surprise to me) said there is nothing wrong with using the back...
40
40

Converting warehouse lighting from T12 to T8
My warehouse is lit by T12 based lights that seem like they are from 1970s or 1980s. The minus is that they look old, the plus is that they are still around after all those years. As we all know, T12...
16
16

OT Stimulus Package?
It's a slow day in the small town of Pumphandle and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit. A politician visiting the area drives through...
23
23

Fire in CT, kills five
place ashes, taken out , but not out "enough" lights a fire in a big home. No smoke detectors, or fire alarm. Dead include two grand parents, girl 10, twin girls, 7. Mother managed to get out, but...
8
8