Subject Author Posted Replies

Stolen car goes airborne - ends up on roof (Fresno CA)
I think this qualifies as "on-topic" for If you want to see a picture: 're calling this an apartment, but it looks more like a house to me. I'm impressed that the roof can take the weight of the car....
11
11

maybe its under the bed.
The official website of singer-songwriter Tom Rush
4
4

My new snow blower
You may recall I bought new snow blower back in October. I just want to brag a little. It is going a great job and my driveway has never been so clean in January. I'm pleased with my investment, as...
13
13

I Fixed My Dad's Dryer - Helpful Hint
An example of a well thought out diagnosis and repair. A good model for all of us. Joe
10
10

OT: Republican horse race
I thought this was pretty cool- than tiny that url, I'll use the website that sent me there because it has been a favorite of mine since early 2007 or so. as entertaining as Slate-- but a lot more...

The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?
There will always be people that do well in a down economy, and people that struggle in a good economy. It's the overall picture that counts, not just that of one person.
94
94

The Winter consumer ripoffs: EdenPure, HeatSurge
The Heat-surge ripoff: Amish craftsmen are skilled with stapleguns. The Edenpure ripoff: copper, eh?? Many of the 1-star reviews say it quite well, esp. one long one on the edenpure. The 4,5 star...
8
8

Washing machine drain tight connection
My washer has a pump that is too strong for the drains in this old = house. From what I have heard, some kind of tight connection is OK as = long as the washer has a pumped drain and not a gravity...
13
13

Montana tractors
I am probably getting a Montana 4344 tractor with loader, backhoe, and trailer as part of a settlement. Does anyone have any experience or insight in these tractors? Steve
7
7

Sewer gas in the living room
Check your system venting. Also, all traps should be filled with water to work. Joe
13
13

Lights Out !
Bathroom entrance has a toggle switch that activates lights over the sink and toilet. To eliminate the toggle switch as the problem it was removed and the exposed black hots were connected, and good...
3
3

Bathroom Lights Out !
Toggle switch at the entrance activates lights over the sink and toilet. To eliminate the toggle switch as the problem it was removed & the black hots were connected, and good connection on the white...
2
2

Anyone Familiar with "Air Ace" Compressors?
I was driving through the neighborhood this past weekend, and there it was by the curb, with a "Free to Good Home" sign: an air compressor. The gentleman was still in his garage, said it worked fine,...
8
8

Hot water to forced air
My son has a home that he added a solar water heater to a few years ago. Works great , too great. The unit far exceeds his demand for hot water. He wants to add some coils to his forced air HVAC...
64
64

Main breaker panel <100 Amps
Does anybody know of a main breaker panel rated
10
10