Subject Author Posted Replies

Stormin - job issue
like a good site to explore on the jobs issue.
2
2

New Illinios Law Requires Photo ID To Buy Drain Cleaner
This is how you're loosing your liberty in the USA. One piece of ID at a time. ==================================== New Law Requires Photo ID To Buy Drain Cleaner January 5, 2012 6:34 PM CHICAGO (CBS)...
55
55

Just curious if you have experience with pouring boiling water into glass jars?
I'm just looking for practical real-world experience. Today I had a bit of old tea powder left in a Lipton powdered iced tea jar. Instead of throwing it out or chipping it out, I simply poured boiling...
21
21

Fluorescent starter-switch question
I have an older 18" fluorescent lamp that takes a 15WT8 bulb. As of this morning, it no marcha. I suspect the starter switch, which is your glass- tube type and is pretty black inside. The problem is,...
40
40

OT - Powergenix AA battery thoughts
I've got a few Powergenix, and the charger to go with. Seem to be sold only in AA cells. But, that's fine. I use a lot of AA cells. Problem is, that once in a while a device (digicam, flash light or...

Painting wheel rims - need advice
On my utility trailer, the rims are beginning to show rust on the outside edge. I want to knock off the rust and paint the rims. I plan to remove the wheels because they are likely the same on the...
27
27

Ceramic Glass Cooktop & Pyrex
Can a Pyrex double boiler be used in direct contact with a ceramic glass cooktop without the use of a wire diffuser? TIA
1
1

Under Sink Cutoff Valve Tool
Sometime somewhere I saw a tool that would allow me to reach under a bathroom sink and turn off a very hard to turn cutoff valve. Believe it or not, I cannot get to the valve to turn it off unless I...
14
14

Popular Magazines You Never Heard Of
Number six is "Family Handyman", circulation 1,116,214. (The article says 1,116,213 but I just subscribed online.) Number three is, of course, "American Rifleman" but you knew that.
13
13

Stolen car goes airborne - ends up on roof (Fresno CA)
I think this qualifies as "on-topic" for If you want to see a picture: 're calling this an apartment, but it looks more like a house to me. I'm impressed that the roof can take the weight of the car....
11
11

maybe its under the bed.
The official website of singer-songwriter Tom Rush
4
4

My new snow blower
You may recall I bought new snow blower back in October. I just want to brag a little. It is going a great job and my driveway has never been so clean in January. I'm pleased with my investment, as...
13
13

I Fixed My Dad's Dryer - Helpful Hint
An example of a well thought out diagnosis and repair. A good model for all of us. Joe
10
10

OT: Republican horse race
I thought this was pretty cool- than tiny that url, I'll use the website that sent me there because it has been a favorite of mine since early 2007 or so. as entertaining as Slate-- but a lot more...

The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?
There will always be people that do well in a down economy, and people that struggle in a good economy. It's the overall picture that counts, not just that of one person.
94
94