Subject Author Posted Replies

Winterize home near the Deleware Water Gap
Need to help someone "winterize" a rental that they inheretided suddenly and which won't be worked on until spring. How do you winterize anyway? Two bathrooms. No pool. One well. Cesspool. Deleware...
32
32

Follow-up on tree removal
Follow-up, tree removal. Instead of the company that wanted $2300 for HOA tree 1, we hired another guy who wanted only 650. Saving 1650, over 71%. He cut up tree 1 that was leaning, and also cut down...
6
6

Follow-up on Flex Seal rubberized tape
Follow-up on Flex Seal rubberized tape, advertised on tv a lot a few months ago. It's strong, it's pretty sticky, but it wasn't suitable for what I wanted. OTOH, I still don't know what would have...
2
2

OT. It's Veteran's Day
The Singing Sergeants, Lee Greenwood, and Home Free. <> Today marks 100 years since the dedication of the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier.
1
1

Magnetic Ballasts
I've got 48" x 4 bulbs F12 40W flourescent tube fixtures installed in my garage and in a downstairs family room. Most were installed around 1994. Some were new, some were older than 1994. They all...
24
24

OT what is the possessive?
OT If the plural of attorney general is attorneys general (which it is), what is its possessive?
5
5

OT - cute tune
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, you know the thing. #lgbfjb #acdc
1
1

OT The NRA and LaPierrre
Damned if I'd pay does to an organization with this guy in charge but many do leaders called its members 'hillbillies' and 'fruitcakes' in secretly recorded audio following Columbine massacre
62
62

Kitchen timer for almost deaf guys
Hi All, Anyone know of a kitchen timer with a keypad that allows for a low pitch alarm. My hearing starts to dive at about 1950 Hz and all the timers I have come across alarm at 2000 Hz. This means I...
42
42

Briggs&Stratton standby generator
Natural gas engine starts and runs while generator is offline. Once generator is engaged the unit creates large amount of white exhaust then shuts down.
8
8

OT. Remington Moving
their headquarters from New York to Georgia. Maybe there will be a couple houses for sale around IIion, NY. <> "Georgia's firearms industry is responsible for thousands of jobs and millions of dollars...
18
18

OT spam phone caller triying to cheat me
One of those spam phone callers tried to cheat me. The message on the phoen said that Amazon was biling me 479 for an iPhone 12, or some number, so I pressed 1 and told him the price was wrong, it was...
1
1

OT Four Seasons Total Documentary
OT, I watched Four Seasons Total Documentary, and it was funnny. You may be able to watch it on But some spoilers. A) they got lots of hate phone calls afterward. They showed video of them using the...
3
3

OT. Rural Mail Delivery
The mail delivery has gotten better for the dearly departed lately. They won't have to go to the local post office now. <> Use imgbox to upload, host and share all your images. It's simple, free and...
2
2

OT. Whale Spits Man Out
A humpback whale briefly swallowed a man this spring. <> Veteran lobster diver Michael Packard had done countless dives over his career, most of them without incident. But on Friday, June 11th, his...