Subject Author Posted Replies

where to buy SUPER WARM mittins -- like for climbing Mt. Everest?
where to buy SUPER WARM mittins -- like for climbing Mt. Everest? Or for a mid-winter trek across Antartica, in a 40mph wind? Especially for long-thin-armed people where blood flow to the hands is...
14
14

mapping (on paper) circuit-breakers to wall-sockets?
mapping (on paper) circuit-breakers to wall-sockets? The standard two-person team method would be to have one guy on the switchboard, turning them all off, then turning them on one at a time, and the...
10
10

DIY Indoor Waterfall?
Wow - They are pricey!! I would look at some very closely to see how they are built, what size pump they use, etc. Cellphone cameras are very usefull for doing that. From what I have sem, the top tube...
12
12

TIVO Series-2 remote-control. Top round button won't go "up". Fix?
My series-2 TIVO controller's top round large 4-direction button has gotten flakey. Goes left, right, and down just fine. But making it go "up" (of course by pushing down on the top part of it) has...
4
4

Does the body feel a shock on a GFIC protected circuit?
Livestock need water in winter as much as in warm weather. Without using tank heaters, the water will freeze. the animal wont get water and the costly tank will likely be damaged too. These heaters...
47
47

Breaker box clicks when Well Pump kicks in
What happens is that when it's quiet in the house, I can hear a click in the house breaker box (which is located in my bedroom), whenever the well pump kicks in. The pump is on the same electrical...
18
18

What is UNDER flagstones on concrete? How do you keep the tops level? (Pictures)
This weekend I will finally start cutting & cementing the flagstone on the walkway (see four photos below for detail) and three questions arose: Q1: What is UNDER these flagstones on cement (are they...
54
54

This is a REAL hand wrench...
This is a REAL hand wrench... handwrench random images
1
1

Need to replace my electric panel
My existing panel is a Federal Pacific from the 1960s. The other day I went to reset a breaker, and it popped out and fell on the floor. It's time for a new box, and I'm looking for a brand...
36
36

hvac system
For those more familiar with hvac systems in Houston, Texas with house built in 1998, my daughter says at nite occasionally she hears drips in attic. I know the secondary drain to the a/c evap. coils...
4
4

Tossing a charged Capacitor in the Bathtub
Most people know that dropping a cord or appliance that is plugged into an outlet into a bathtub filled with water will electrocute the person in the tub. Yet, you can drop a low voltage item such as...
79
79

OT Will search engines find my webpage?
OT Yesterday I found out when he mailed me a glossy advertisement for the service deparatment that the dealer where I bought a used car 6 months ago made up a webpage with my first and last name as...
30
30

Today Is a Good Day For . . .
Hello, Wanna know with what weare dealing, and why weare the way weare? Here I have for you the epitome of the modernman=92s mind. Remember now wehave evolved from caveman . . . do notice the...
2
2

OT? Ralph Steiner Mechanical Principles 1930
If you like mechanical movements, here's a wonderful old study:
2
2

stupid screw logic
wouldn't it be easier to get the screw out, spend a couple of bucks at the Borg and get a small box of new screws?
7
7