Subject Author Posted Replies

How to make a weed eater drive shaft?
Anybody have a link to a picture or video/whatever that shows what a weedeater drive shaft looks like on the inside? I think they spin at thousands of RPM, so maybe they have bearings inside to keep...
2
2

How much & which direction would you set the slope in the level for a flagstone walkway?
In another thread, you guys helped me on constructing a simple flagstone walkway. Today I bought two levels to ensure that I get the water runoff right. Checking the existing level of the existing...
14
14

Lack of suitable joint spacers is driving me crazy (my 1st flagstone walkway)
Here is a picture of my current (lousy) attempt at uniform spacers between flagstones to be set into mortar tomorrow: board in that picture, placed with the tall side up (instead of flat as it is in...
17
17

Never place your phone in a microwave oven
This is listed in the owners manual for my cellphone. "Never place your phone in a microwave oven as it will cause the battery to explode." Ummmmmmm, why would someone microwave a cellphone? Do some...
35
35

OT Computers making life easier
I have a prescription I have been waiting 2 hours to get filled. I am in no rush for it, but checked at 1.5 hrs and at 2 hrs and it is not ready. Calling the pharmacy gets a voice menu that usually...
40
40

Punxsutawney Phil saw his Shadow 2/2/2012 .........
TOP OF THE NEWS Feb 2, 2012. The most significant news on this date it that Punxsutawney Phil saw his Shadow today. That means 6 more weeks of winter. there's a problem. Quite a few other groundhogs...
2
2

Lining A Sewer Pipe - Any Experience/Opinions?
It depends a LOT on where those roots are coming from. Digging my sewer pipe up would be a MAJOR undertaking, as some fool planted a maple tree basically dead center over the pipe 38 years ago. It's...
4
4

SIMPLE electrical job. Cost via electrician? chg direct-wire to plug & socket
Here's what I want to do. I've got steam/boiler heater, runs on gas, the only electricty needed is to run the (solenoid?) thermostat, basically. It's powered via a cable (covered in flexible metal...
110
110

Please reply if you have had problems with Photocell E127584.
I've had to replace everyone of mine. I hate them.
70
70

Buying house in houston
I'm in Houston. I don't think we HAVE home inspectors. Why would you want one anyway? You can get plenty of advice right here. When I bought my house, it was "inspected," and I got a "report." I swear...
5
5

Cold water supply clogged at Kitchen sink How to clear
I had to remove the faucet today and put back on. When I did the cold water side comes out very slow. We have very hard water and this has happened before, but there was a plumber here that time. I...
3
3

Big Box Stores In San Jose, Costa Rica
We are in a small town just outside San Jose, Costa Rica. We could really use a Home Depot and Best Buy here. We've gotten about as much we can out of the MultiPlaza, Walmart, and EPA in Escazu but...
1
1

running pex in a basement replumb job
I bought an old house which needs to have the water supplies replumbed (It has the old style butyl pipe, and I am refinishing the basement) I intend to run 3/4" Pex from the entrance (about half way...
2
2

Faulthy wiring.
Lately I have been working on, or been taking down some house installations. With almost 100% hitrate I find one or two loose screws or wire nuts in those . Is that due to lousy workmanship? Or is...
7
7

Question regarding plumbing
We live at the peak of a small mountain. We replaced our well water with city water about 9 years ago. City water was overall fine for first few years, low pressure at first, due to our altitude, but...
36
36