Subject Author Posted Replies

how to remove ceiling light fixture
link above shows my shower light ceiling fixture looking straight up and from the side. As you can see there is nothing really to grab tho I tried to twist it without success and then I tried to pull...
5
5

Advice on removing "Push Nuts"
I need to disassemble an exercise machine that used "Push Nuts" like these. Instructions say they need tool for removal, and are not re-usable. It appears HD stocks them (see link below) Is there a...
13
13

OT: Cop gets quite upset he can't search without a warrant
wow... guy exercises his rights and cop goes berserk Fast forward to 3:40 mark Fast forward to 3:40 mark
8
8

CFL globe lighting
I want to replace some globe light bulbs over a bathroom sink. The fixture has 4 bulbs in it but they do not show the wattage on any of the bulbs. This is a link that shows something similar to what...
4
4

T-88 to repair cutting board?
I have a large wooden cutting board that I have had for 30+ years. It has a 3" metal disk inset in the center with the logo of a club we used to belong to. This past weekend, the disk popped out. It...
9
9

noisy and short dishwasher cycle
Lately the dishwasher will sometimes fill with water, start, make a lot more noise than usual, then empty within a minute. It then refills and when it starts again, it operates normally. Is this a...
1
1

Request advice on transplanting (and trimming) rampant bamboo to a neighbor's property
Do you have experience trimming and/or transplanting bamboo? My neighbor has noticed the rampant bamboo on my property that I never planted (it came with the house which was a foreclosure): bought...
7
7

Re-aligning door
My front door has shifted Facing out, the hinges are on the right, doorknob on the left Top left corner of door has shifted down by about 1/8" and in by about 1/8" This means that I need to lift on...
9
9

What size inverter
volts times amps equals watts. 120 x 10 = 1200. Larger inverter than that may be needed. Keep the 12 volt cables as fat, and as short as possible. Run more 110 volt AC power cord if you need to....
23
23

Problem with cigarette smoke
I write in hope of some serious answers. I know this general issue has come up before, and wading through the incredulous and the trolls doing a search yields nothing that seems likely to work. Maybe...
111
111

Home lighting via LED bulbs off ebay
Just spent about $20 and bought a couple of LED flood lights, with 120 degree light spread. And a couple LED "corn cob" lights. Anyone else used these? Are they any good? I'm sure I'll find out in...
12
12

Drain pipe in wall to washer outlet?
Anybody know any good step-by-step instructions for going from a 2 1/4 inch plug in a vertical 'plastic' drain pipe (at the floor level) inside the wall to the washer's outlet? I know, I know, a...
22
22

Is sprinkler plumbing normally this complicated (see pictures attached)
I bought a house that had a bunch of broken sprinklers, as evidenced by puddles of water. When I dig down more than a foot for each one, I find they all have this horribly complicated plumbing...
24
24

Masonry work in cold weather?
It's winter in western NY and I never see municipal crews pouring cement sidewalks at this time of year. But my son's working for a mason who uses "products designed to compensate for these...
13
13

What is best exterior vent for stove top hood?
I need to move the stove top vent hood up approx 8 inches [both of us hit our heads on the vent hood, can't even duck under it to cook.] and the existing exterior vent cover needs to be replaced,...
2
2