Subject Author Posted Replies

Power Wheels charger only putting out 10.6V?
My kids Power Wheels has not been charging correctly lately. So I put my meter on the power supply charger leads and only read 10.6V. Should it be reading more than 12V since it is charging a 12V...
5
5

OT: Thefts of Tide laundry detergent across the US baffle police
Again, your American ways are strange to us Canadians. You are thieving copper and other metals from your private and public infrastructure at an astounding rate, and now some of you are "turning the...
26
26

OT - Food for a year
I just accidently ran aross a Sam's Club advertisement for "Food Storage Kit - 1 year - 4 people" for under $3,000" . Just what I never needed, since there are two of us, that would last us 2 years...
12
12

installing rug over nice wood floor
I'm looking at a house to buy in a Houston suburb built about 8 years ago which has nice wood floor in the living room. I was wondering if wanted to install wall to wall carpeting over the wood floor,...
9
9

Chronically bored math guys.
Sally J?s having a hard day and doesn?t want to go anywhere. Her PH is off on the 75 gal aquarium by about .8. (The only way to solve is to adj PH for this problem.) She has a 10kgal pool and uses 1...
5
5

Shed of the year contest (UK)
A collection of the best (backyard) sheds entered in an annual contest. There are sheds made of recycled materials, railroad car sheds, sheds on the water, sheds resembling a Hobbit hole, and more....
1
1

Paint your walls -- and die
But, but, but... Drywall and paint is immensely cheaper than wood walls! I grew up in a house with wood walls, and, guess what? The wooden walls were covered with cheesecloth then wallpaper! (Ever...
2
2

I got a problem:(
I got at least one RAT in my house. Right now its eating my dogs food. Its a well fed healthy looking rat running between my bedroom and the kitchen with the dogs food and water....... my dogs appear...
39
39

Need a battery to solder into the camera
I wanted to put this thread right here, after the follow-up thread,, but I won't have enough info for it until tomorrow at the earliest I've looked all over and I can find it listed in the Panasonic...
1
1

Follow-up on wet camera / May need battery
Here's a short follow-up on the wet camera. My fantasy about an easy repair waned, and I began to agree with anyone who said drying the camera would not help (2 months after it was submerged for a...
6
6

Summer Projects!
Hello Experts! As winter comes to a close, I finally managed to get the rem= ainder of my Christmas lights down off the house. While doing that, I was l= ooking at the house and realized that a paint...
4
4

OT? Brazing Stainless Steel?
I'll crosspost this to a home repair group. There might be someone who can answer that there. I do a little welding but not professionally.
11
11

What is a good treatment for wooden shovel handles
Over time the wooden handles on shovels and other garden tools tend to dry out and crack. Particularly when they get weathered. I know it's best to keep them indoors, but that dont always happen. I...
28
28

Tip A contractor?
No experience with a contractor till this past weekend. Had my stoop done with limestone steps and bricks. He was the lowest bid of 3, and I was hesitant in hiring him and his crew..because he was...
17
17

Semi-OT: Cheap tools and other stuff
Bear with me: In my town, constables - the law enforcement arm of the Justice Courts - are responsible for evicting apartment dwellers and foreclosed residents. These eviction processes include...
4
4