Subject Author Posted Replies

outside pole light led
im trying to hook up my new led outside dusk to dawn light..the power cable runs from top of house to the pole..its two thick wires..my light has black(hot) white(neut) and green(ground)...what do i...
5
5

OT new nuke
Anxiously waiting to see how much over-budget and behind schedule this one becomes ... 30 + year old Darlington Nuclear plant is our _newest_ one .. and went from est. $ 7 billion to actual $ 14...
11
11

Hawaii Blizzard
It probably isn't as rare as I think but there is going to be a real blizzard in Hawaii. Forecasters say up to a foot of snow could be blown around by 100 mph winds. An EF1 tornado is in that range....
1
1

Swivel chair tilts
Thirty year old Staples wood veneer, black steel, grey cloth swivel office chair tilts about five degree forward left. Turned it upside down and tightened all the crews, nothing seems out of place....
2
2

Builders Edge 4-in Plastic Louver
The building inspector pointed out that one of louvers is missing from the exhaust vent of the side of my condo. Trying to chase down where I can find a louver I determined that most likely the...
45
45

ON Topic. Snake Control
A Maryland man tried do it yourself snake control. <> "I've had it with these mothaf--kin' snakes, on this mothaf--kin' plane!" ... and in this Maryland house! A homeowner suffered a $1 million loss...
1
1

OT. 12 Days of Omicron
< The 12 days of Omicron | The Week
2
2

OT. "Santa's Gotta Dirty Job"
Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame recorded a song with John Rich. < Video version with the Oak Ridge Boys. <> Rowe has a foundation for the kids who want to work with their hands for a living. An...

My Remedy for that Work Pain
This is what I use after a hard days working home improvements and repair. Walmart, with more love and less pain . Robot or human?
3
3

OT. Musk Company Going Broke?
The turn around time for the Raptor rocket engines isn't short enough to suit him. <> Then there's this gizmo. They call it a centrifuge launcher. <> Elon Musk is angry with the lack of progress...

Disconnect power steering?
I have an older car used for short trips, 1999 Chevy. I passes inspection but is beginning to leave a mess with power steering fluid. I asked the mechanic and he topped it off, but the leak seems to...
15
15

OT. Plywood in San Francisco
There are some pictures here of stores in San Francisco. Window shopping isn't an option. <>
2
2

where to find replacement Taylor deadbolt cylinder?
I know there was a recent thread on this, but the topic didn't quite address what I wanted to do. Like the other poster, I too have a Taylor deadbolt very similar to this one: didn't know what his...
8
8

OT. EVs For Rural Drivers
Out transportation secretary thinks it would be a good idea. <> Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said Sunday that rural and suburban voters should buy electric cars because they burn the most...
145
145

OT: how can I return an item I bought to Walmart? curbside purchased, cannot mail?
I bought a pair of cheap Sony videocams to evaluate as I was considering keeping one, and then giving the other as a gift. I thought I was going to like the camera, but didn't. Since I bought the...
5
5