Subject Author Posted Replies

wood floor finishes
Had a nice hardwood floor in 1930s house, cleaning up for sale. Everyone advised me to have them sanded and refinished. 90% looked fine, 10% was scratched - and I went for it anyway. Now here's the...
11
11

OT: George Zimmerman to Be Charged in Trayvon Martin's Death
I said last week that I thought he would be charged with something. To those that asked what he would be charged with, we will find out at 6pm eastern....

OT US adding 3 million jobs from China
CHICAGO - Improved U.S. competitiveness and rising costs in China will put the United States in a strong position by around 2015 to eventually add 2 million to 3 million jobs and an estimated $100...
4
4

Ebay LED bulb follow up report
Item number: 320743410648 were just a bit over two bucks each. 38 LED, flood light style. So, I bought a couple of them. Not all that expensive. Turns out they are blue light. Not as blue as the cob...
10
10

Is Harry digging a 51-mile trench?
News: Like so many places, locals in the UK are growing tired of waiting on British Telecom's "e;fiber to the press release,"e; which continual
3
3

(OT) Testing a Fax machine
I bought a used older fax machine at a garage sale. The seller said supposed to work. I only deal with a few faxes per year so it wont get much use, but is handy to have. My question is how do I test...
8
8

aioe or ?
I just changed from a pay news server to a free I am limited to 25 a day, and that's fine, as I've been trying to cut down on that, as well as a few other things. However, I have been receiving error...
18
18

goodies
Not to impose, but we are letting folks know about our new companies, Elsie Massey Victorian and Antique Hats, clothing, & accessories. ( Also, Burton & Burton gifts. ( We are full line distributors...

Who makes the best Kill-A-Watt meter
Another thread on here mentions using a Kill-A-Watt meter to test the power usage of a freezer (or anything else). I'm considering buying one of these. I'm sure there are many brands available. I want...
48
48

38 year old freezer efficiency?
I have an approximately 38 year old upright freezer. It is working perfectly. I know door gasket is not as good at it could be, however, it seems to close pretty tight. It can be real hard to open a...
48
48

Blue Rhino (propane) founder has hot water
The founder of Blue Rhino propane-tank refill stations has a new product. "Callahan has invented a football-sized electric water heater with patented technology he believes could save everyone lots of...
14
14

Who has a ATV Sprayer?
I bought a 15gal one today. I have some bermuda/fescu. What is best to spray, give me any tips ideals on spraying my yard. Jack Tennessee
19
19

OT: George Zimmerman - Again
He now has a website so his supporters can send him money.
81
81

Hard water and magnets
I've heard and read about flowing water past a magnet to keep calcium in suspension and from coating stuff. I wnnt to try this with my evaporative cooler for starters. I haven't found a magnetic...
26
26

termites
Don't have them but see them in a stump about 25 feet from the house. Just wondering what I should do as a homeowner to keep them away from the house. Not interested in hiring an exterminator. Next...
24
24