Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Fukushima. The truth is coming out?
Vitrify and put into tunnels like Yucca Mountain. Even safer would be to drop into subduction zones between crustal plates, but it's probably not worth the extra effort. Also, some proposed kinds of...
5
5

tiling over sheetrock vs cement board
All the pros say , you got to use cbu or your walls will turn to mush. Well I just tore down my 4" tiles around my tub/shower and the walls were just fine after 30+ years. Maybe if there are several...
4
4

OT Another "You couldn't make it up"
Not unusual. There are many examples of women guards falling for prisoners and aiding and abetting escapes. Worst one I recall wa where the the guard (off duty at the time) was part of the escape plan...
3
3

Duet Washer drum
Hello I have a Duet washer model # ghw9100lw2. How is the inner metal drum connected to the outer plastic drum? the inner drum is seems loose and flappng around. it looks like it should be centered in...
16
16

odors
I have been on rv group talking about getting rid of rv odor. I bought a closed up unit which I'm working on. Anyway, I have been treating with ozone, and going to try vinegar cleaning. I ran into...
6
6

tree hooks
I have a tree limb I want cut off. It is about a 1000 lbs branch at a 30 degree incline off the vertical and 20 ft off the ground. I was wondering if there is an attachment one could make to a tree...
13
13

Time To Paint HardiePlank Siding?
Is it time to think about repainting a HardiePlank home exterior that was new in 2003? I've done some touch-up in a few places where the paint peeled due to moisture such as the drip cap at the top of...
3
3

Outlet Humor....
Lookie here: if I posted this before, age is screwing with my memory these days... Jeff
3
3

Humor: Last request
When asked for his last request before being executed by firing squad, convicted murder James W. Rodgers asked for a bulletproof vest.

Fastening things to metal or fiberglass doors
I have 2 new exterior doors, one is metal and the other is fiberglass. I need to attach some things to them. I need to put curtains on one and a door stop on the other. Are there any special problems...
14
14

Burglars stymied in bid to rob AlarmForce president’s home
Burglars stymied in bid to rob AlarmForce president?s home Canada Would-be burglars didn?t know who they were dealing with when they cased out a North York bungalow in the luxurious York Mills Rd and...
2
2

How to drill square holes
How to drill square holes and several other interesting mechanical principles. ?v=9qEhyQfbImY&feature=related Russian Video with no audio and excellent animations. drilling a square hole on a lathe...
5
5

Shower/tub faucets
What's the deal with these, can't find any without threaded fittings. Who the heck uses threaded fittings???? And the diverter always seems to be on the tub spout (leaks) rather than built into the...

Grass growing on my lawn (are the seeds the same as grass seeds?)
I realize this is an (uneducated) funny question ... but ... I am confused. Over the winter, I didn't cut my grass so it now looks like this: things on the end of the stalks must be grass seeds,...
11
11

wood floor finishes
Had a nice hardwood floor in 1930s house, cleaning up for sale. Everyone advised me to have them sanded and refinished. 90% looked fine, 10% was scratched - and I went for it anyway. Now here's the...
11
11