Subject Author Posted Replies

Whole House Carbon Filter leaking
Probably some sort of chemical or mineral. Wherre is it places in the system? When you say "leak" do you mean some buildup around the fittings or do you mean a dripping leak? Need more information....
2
2

HF multifunction tool - compatibility
I thought of getting one of those cheap ($ 19) Harbor Freight multi function tools. Don't really have any need for it, but they are cheap. This may be a solution that is waiting for a problem. Or, can...
11
11

OT Is this Zimmerman site valid?
I have created a Paypal account solely linked on this website as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living...
7
7

The X hose
H2 channel has a commercial for the X hose. Anyone else notice the hidden fishing line they use to make the hose magically expand and retract without tangling?
1
1

Whirlpool Opens New Factory in USA
"We are proud to have more U.S. manufacturing employees than all of our major competitors combined and today's ceremony further signifies Whirlpool Corporation's confidence in the Cleveland, Tennessee...

PL Premium PT Wood to Concrete?
Will PL Premium adhesive bond 1 x 2 pressure treated sleepers (laid flat) to an outdoor concrete slab that has a sound surface? The slab is not sealed, not shiny smooth but also not pitted to any...
3
3

Your Opinions On "Smart Meters"
in terms of energy savings, privacy, fire risk, and, most importantly, health ramifications. Thank You.
88
88

OT Eating slime and scrape.
We recently found-out that we were being fed slime and now we find out that= we=92ve been eating scrape as well.=20 Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago breaking news, sports, business,...
9
9

OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012
Someone from the Tea Party please take this and make it happen (Yeah it's useless to complain about death or taxes, thanks for letting me rant) Mark TAX FAIRNESS ACT of 2012 The tax fairness act...
157
157

cooker ignitor
One general tip I've found helpful. If you're not sure how an appliance comes apart you can often find blown up parts diagrams online at the parts shops. That may give you an idea of how to approach...
2
2

Squirrels slide off the bird feeder...
... when you dose the feeder with WD40. Plus a dozen more unusual uses for the stuff. From Reader's Digest (originally 27 Amazing Uses for WD40):
5
5

Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink ...
Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink. We ripped the old copper drainpipe out maybe 4 years ago, installed ~ 5' of pvc. Drain runs slow. Works, but obviously only 2/3 of capacity. I start with bakg soda...
6
6

Help identify a type of siding
I have a cabin that was built in the 1940's and re-sided in the 60's or 70's. The siding has an approx 8 inch coverage per sheet. It's a horizontal siding where each strip overlaps the one below it....
7
7

OT: What was best (most beautiful) Harley?
OK, this might be a good place to get opinions and resources. I need a good photo of a Harley for an art project. Side view, clear. I know there must be some Harley purists here :o) I have no idea...
11
11

OT 15 April Titanic.
I thought it was too big to sink. I always found it strange that there wasn't enough wood or other light-weight materials onboard that could have been scavanged to make ad-hoc rafts or other...
73
73