Subject Author Posted Replies

Slightly OT-Bench grinder disassembly
Am attempting to modify my bench grinder, replacing the thermal fuse with a thermostat, but I can't get the damn thing open. Once I remove the four screws that fix the "end-cap" (sorry, I don't know...
3
3

Do they sell replacement netting for fishing nets?
I have a good solid handle with the ring made from aluminum. But the net itself is dry rotted. I dont fish, so I dont know what is sold. The net is used for catching pet rabbits, who refuse to be...
8
8

How busy do you want your roofer to be?
In my on-going search for a roofing contractor, I ran into a neighbor (who I know to be pretty anal about her house) and she told me whom she had choosen. "He's not the cheapest, but he's not the most...
42
42

Plant 'fruit' tree wife's birthday (where to get Strawberry Tree?)
My wife's birthday is coming up and I want to try something that lasts longer than, say, flowers. I'm wondering if I can find and plant a tree in northern california that she saw on our honeymoon in...
13
13

OT: US Truck driver took wrong turn into Mexico with load of ammo
This is how americans are participating in the Mexican drug-murder blood-bath by exporting their guns and ammo into Mexico. The plan is that the cartels will get their hands on this ammo once it's...
14
14

underground cistern
I'd go to the farm and garden stores around you. Look for the old guy with the grey hair, and ask if he's got experience with this kind of thing. I'm thinking that's a good idea, to divert your drain...
22
22

How to drill a 1" hole in a steel-clad entry door
I'm installing a peephole viewer that requires a 1" hole in a 1.75" door. It's item U9896 here: From peeking into a pilot hole, the cladding is only 1/16" and the core seems to be MDF. Would something...
27
27

What is most available, easy to use weed killer?
Need to get rid of some scraggly, extablished trees [small] and general tubor type weeds. What is the best, easiest to use, least damaging spray on weed killer? Oh, and most readily available.
38
38

Anyone know a source for this tool?
I need a miniature 'cargo harness' Like those made of rope seen in the films as they tranfer cargo from ship's hold to shore. But instead, I'd like one made of nylon strappings in an open weave to...
4
4

Republicans to give IRS the ability to revoke passport, prevent US citizens from leaving the country
So typical of how HomeLessGuy operates. Living in Canada and yet fixated on the USA. A classic case of penis envy....
11
11

How do you use a manual lawn edger
I bought one of these at an auction. It looks almost the same as this photo. ran it down the edge of my sidewalk. The points of the star shaped wheel cuts into the ground along the edge of the walk,...
20
20

Need chain for chain hoist.....
I bought a ratcheting chain hoise at an auction, which works, but came without the chain. The chain is supposed to enter one hole and exit the other. There is a sprocket inside that apparently...
5
5

Sawsall Blade types for Wall Removal
Trying to cut away large sections of walls to be removed, which are plastered with lath and plaster (not sheetrock). This involves cutting thru the exterior of the house siding, 1" boards under it,...
12
12

Lawn Mower
Looking for informed opinions on Troy Bilt lawn mowers. Have the opportunity to purchase a couple of different models on sale. Both are in models with Honda 160cc motors. One is a push the other is a...
43
43

The electrical savings begin...
I finished converting one breaker box of a duplex into a sub-panel and had the power company disconnect the power to the half now supplied by the "sub-panel." (Several years ago the "duplex" was...
9
9